What's new
For Sale

XtraSmiley

Legendary
Reaction score
AND IT'S GONE!

TLDR: Free empty Dynamo (or generic version) Cabinet for pickup in DC. Midway project restore. See below for parts details.

So, the AWESOME Jasen from Jasens Customs was kind enough to bring an Astro to me from Japan. NO CHARGE. Honestly, one of the nicest things someone has done for me in the arcade business! THANK YOU JASEN. Well, when I go to his house to pick it up and he decides to out do himself and asks me if I want a Namco Noir. I ask him how much and he says FREE, and he has re-painted it and put in a ton of new parts, he tells me to take it and ENJOY! THANK YOU JASEN!

Bottomline, he's a great guy and someone who I would support in the arcade business, and you should too! I'll link his site again (my affiliate link is included) so go check out his stuff!

Jasens Customs

OK, with my fangirl squeals out of the way, here's the reason for the thread. I was in the middle of a Dynamo cab restore, but I'm going to stop and try out this Noir thing instead (I'll have to make a thread for help as this bad boy is stripped to the metal!), so I need to get rid of the Dynamo. What you get:

Generic Dynamo 3 cabinet
Stripped/sanded control panel
25" tube (no chasis)
Some wiring
Transformer
Marquee light
nuts/bolts from teardown
Monitor glass
I think joysticks and buttons and wiring harness if I can find them

Back door missing, and I think the tube is working with no burn, but might have a color out, not sure what caused it.

Free for the taking, I'll help you load and it's located at my storage unit in Washington DC, zip 20018

PM for pick up!

IMG-5093.jpg
IMG-5095.jpg
IMG-5094.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, that's an awesome story. I'd love to foster that cab, but opposite coast.

Incredible! There's something about Noirs that I just love. They have such a commanding presence with that big marquee staring at you.

I'll throw my name in the hat for the Dynamo. I'm about 45 minutes east of you in Maryland. I've got a plan for a Splatterhouse build, but put me at the end of the list since I'm not sure how soon I'd actually start working on it. I'd hate to snag it out from under someone who has an immediate need for it.

Incredible! There's something about Noirs that I just love. They have such a commanding presence with that big marquee staring at you.

I'll throw my name in the hat for the Dynamo. I'm about 45 minutes east of you in Maryland. I've got a plan for a Splatterhouse build, but put me at the end of the list since I'm not sure how soon I'd actually start working on it. I'd hate to snag it out from under someone who has an immediate need for it.
No replies yet, so you're at the top/bottom/middle of the list! It's not going anywhere, but I'll contact you if someone does pipe up!

I can't believe it's been six months. Getting to that project took way longer than I expected (most of mine seem to end up that way ha). I went back and forth with the cab, I really wanted to make it a Splatterhouse but then I picked up CPS1 an CPS2 multis and the decision was made for me. It just had to be an SF. I took some liberties with the button colors and I think it came out great.

Thanks again, @XtraSmiley!

1A1C2CFB-3F27-4A84-82D7-EED7225505A0_1_102_o.jpeg

Back