What's new
For Sale
[FS] Progear CPS2 (Phoenix)

Does Phoenix mean it’s not original?
Phoenix is a battery-less conversion. Plays exactly like original, but is not original. But will never suicide. And you can switch the region.
Nothing wrong with the phoenix conversions :) But if you want to own the original pcb, you would have to get the one with the simms.
80% of my CPS2 (about 21 games) are originals and battery charged at around March of this year. I will be listening those for sale as well..

and I think 13 is the production number everyone has been throwing around

these were available via online Cave Store (and Matsuri) for a "Long" time , they even lowered the Price once, i`m sure they have sold quite a few more.

Hi btw and thanks for the flowers Derick.

[FS] Progear CPS2 (Phoenix)

Does Phoenix mean it’s not original?
Yes and no. You can use the Phoenix ROMs to allow a suicided original board to boot and run without battery/encryption keys (you can also use the Avalaunch ROMs if you prefer not to have the Phoenix branding/additional features)

The Progear in the For Sale thread however is a conversion from another game. They have used the Phoenix ROMs to convert another game to Progear running on EPROMs. Original Progear boards as @Derick2k pointed out run on a daughter board populated with SIMMS and always on Rev 7 boards as far as I know (as Progear was a late release on the CPS2 platform). The Blue (US) Progear boards are also unbelievably rare.

Conversion boards are still the complete, original game and will play exactly the same as a board running with the SIMMS with the advantage of not being anywhere near as expensive or impossible to find. The board in the for sale thread is extremely clean (I think @jassin000 has the only other blue board I've seen that clean) and the soldering for the jumper wire on the PAL looks very well done.

these were available via online Cave Store (and Matsuri) for a "Long" time , they even lowered the Price once, i`m sure they have sold quite a few more.
I thought it was odd everyone kept saying there were less than 20. I knew they'd been on the store for ages.

Is it that the ones signed by that superplayer are limited to under 20? Did I confuse the two?

I bought the USA Progear b kit 2yrs ago for $610 on ebay. Haven't seen another blue one since.

and I think 13 is the production number everyone has been throwing around

Hi btw and thanks for the flowers Derick.
Jan, I think no one can touch your level of greatness when it comes to Cave collecting brother, actually at most arcade stuff. Im sure you are maybe 1 or 2 boards/kits away from a complete collection with all revisions if not only the best ones. I know you have researched all the kits and how/what was sold, that is what collector does. I am no one to judge how or what people do with their money, I blow a ton of cash on stuff that I like, just cause. To be honest I admire your trading skills and I mean this whole-heartily as a compliment, nothing wrong with making awesome deals/trades.

So is the nature of the collector/trader. The one piece of advice I got from a guy thats been over 40 years in the biz was always trade up to what you want.

Last edited:
Now the question is when you have them all, will your kids inherit the boards or you selling them and spend all the money.

For bare boards, here are some quick GUESSTIMATE prices in USD for the forum to discuss/adjust. Not trying to set prices (like other buyers/sellers), just throwing out what I know — BTW @Derick2k — I want first dibbs on the Pink Sweets, Akai Katana and Muchi Muchi Pork if they ever go up for sale :)

DonPachi: $800
DoDonPachi: $1300+
DoDonPachi DOJ w/ Metal Cage: $750
Espgaluda w/Metal Cage: $700
Ketsui w/ Metal Cage: $1000
Guwange: $1200+
Dangun Feveron: $850
EspRaDe: $800
Espgaluda II: $1000
Pink Sweets: $2200+
Mushihime-Sama Futari BL: $1250
Muchi Muchi Pork!: $2000+
Ibara: $850
Akai Katana: $$$$$$$$ (Mortgage)
IGS - DDPII BeeStorm: $200
Puzzle Uo Poko: $150
Damn, if I get those prices Im over $15K Who wants to buy the whole lot?? :D

Jan, I think no one can touch your level of greatness when it comes to Cave collecting brother, actually at most arcade stuff. Im sure you are maybe 1 or 2 boards/kits away from a complete collection with all revisions if not only the best ones. I know you have researched all the kits and how/what was sold, that is what collector does. I am no one to judge how or what people do with their money, I blow a ton of cash on stuff that I like, just cause. To be honest I admire your trading skills and I mean this whole-heartily as a compliment, nothing wrong with making awesome deals/trades.
not sure what gives you the idea, i only own games that i actually play, not intressted in a complete collection of anything. I‘m actually down to 1 Game for each Cab, so i‘m pretty sure my total count of games in way lower than yours.

not sure what gives you the idea, i only own games that i actually play, not intressted in a complete collection of anything. I‘m actually down to 1 Game for each Cab, so i‘m pretty sure my total count of games in way lower than yours.
Dang, I for sure thought you were going for a complete collection, no harm intended with my comments. I always see posts of you trading and selling stuff so it just appears like you have a super huge collection then, my misunderstanding.

I think he has enough cabs to house a full collection :P
Awesome space you got btw Jan!

I do not want to derail this thread but Phoenix/Avalanche editions of CPS2 are not equivalent to the encrypted versions.
This is one of the reasons why only encrypted game versions are allowed at tournaments.

To get the best experience invest in a Darksoft CPS2 multi and solder on the cables required to run encrypted ROMs.

I do not want to derail this thread but Phoenix/Avalanche editions of CPS2 are not equivalent to the encrypted versions.
This is one of the reasons why only encrypted game versions are allowed at tournaments.

To get the best experience invest in a Darksoft CPS2 multi and solder on the cables required to run encrypted ROMs.
Totally agree. that reminds me I need to get another CPS2 multi kit.

Back