What's new
While we’re here… 🤣 i have a bootleg DOJ that works perfectly.

Just received an espgaluda bootleg, and it boots great but locks up after character selection. Any ideas here?

also no PGM splash screen for espgaluda when I power on.

also no PGM splash screen for espgaluda when I power on.
That is correct for Espgaluda and Ketsui - they are from arcade boards that directly boot into the game. The conversions don't map the original BIOS and run completely from cartridge.

That is correct for Espgaluda and Ketsui - they are from arcade boards that directly boot into the game. The conversions don't map the original BIOS and run completely from cartridge.
Ok thanks for confirming. Any idea why it would lock up right as the actual game starts? (After character select and the instructions ). Up until that it seems to work well

Ok thanks for confirming. Any idea why it would lock up right as the actual game starts? (After character select and the instructions ). Up until that it seems to work well
I presume your other carts work fine??

I presume your other carts work fine??
Yes. I only have DOJ and it works perfectly. PGM was cleaned and recapped about a month ago.

Ordered Espgaluda from sheepnova. They are sending a replacement but i was just curious as to what could cause the lockup.

That is hard to say, could be anything from a faulty program EPROM, a faulty mapping PAL, to corrupted save RAM.
If you have a flash programmer you could pull it and verify it with one of the bootleg roms im MAME, and you could pull the battery from the motherboard to make sure the SRAM contents don't cause problems.

Back