What's new

TK86079

Beginner
Reaction score
I have a problem with one of my PGM Systems. It works when no mame is plugged in, but when I insert a game, no matter what game ( I only have the Cave bootlegs ) i only get colored artifacts standig still on the screen. All games work perfect in the other PGMs.
Thank you and greetings
Alex

If the motherboard revision is identical, you might swap the top part of the PCB to see if it isn't a contact issue.

Also, maybe you could give us a look at the battery area, front and back, to see if it looks good or not

I have a problem with one of my PGM Systems. It works when no mame is plugged in, but when I insert a game, no matter what game ( I only have the Cave bootlegs ) i only get colored artifacts standig still on the screen. All games work perfect in the other PGMs.
Thank you and greetings
Alex
Sounds like it can access the BIOS but maybe theres some trace damage or contact issue with the carts. The older ver. of the motherboard used a "single wipe" cart connector versus the "dual wipe" common in older revisions; the single wipe ones are notorious for causing issues like you mentioned due to poor contact. Tim is the man when it comes to PGM, check out his repair page if you havent already and may lead to a solution.
dual.jpg
Tims PGM page

Last edited:
If the contacts look intact, and wiping the cartridge slot pins with IPA doesn’t fix the issue, try Deoxit.

If the cartridges have never worked for you before, you could also try cleaning their pins.

Hey, thank you. I allready changed the connector with the one of my working PGMs, but same problem. The game contacts are perfect clean and they work perfect in the other PGMs.
I have a stereo microscope at work, and the soldering and traces look good.

Tried just inserting and reinserting a couple times? See if anything changes at least?

Back