What's new

jcmorrisii

Professional
Reaction score
Got a "parts" board in and after cleaning up it booted to the Test menu fine , but yielded no sound. So I replaced the bad volume wheel with a known high quality 1k trim pot. Now when I boot it goes to this garbage screen, nothing else. Guessing there was some trace with a weak signal and I somehow broke it. (Theres definitely battery damage on this board)

Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 8.38.08 AM.pngIMG_6419.jpg
Started probing for continuity with the MC68HC000 and so far dont see any floating pins. Talked with TIm and since there is no schematics, Im sort of at a loss as to where to start looking for the source.

Does anyone know what fault would cause the MOBO to suddenly boot to this screen?

Thanks all

-John

I usually saw this when I booted a game with the wrong gal, so it crashes on startup.

I usually saw this when I booted a game with the wrong gal, so it crashes on startup.
Sorry I should have been more specific, this is occurring with no game inserted. Just trying to boot into the main test menu.

Sorry I should have been more specific, this is occurring with no game inserted. Just trying to boot into the main test menu.
I mean, I expect it crashes before executing the bios code which would clear VRAM.

Back