What's new

Does Your TX2 Boot Battle Fantasia in 720p?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
207a in my Vewlix L. Dip 2 on. NotNiko boots fine into 720p.

I have a genuine version of this game which works just fine in 16:9 / 720p.

VGA to DVI adapter on a Lindbergh cab. Can't remember offhand what version the TX2 is.

I didn't know this game had issues.

So the solution seems to be the following:

As long as you are not using an HDMI adapter to get the game to display, it should boot fine with dip switch #2 set in the "ON" position. If you have an HDMI adapter, you can only play the game with dip switch #2 set in the "OFF" position. However, this will cause the game to play in 480p. Other dip switches do not seem to affect this at all.

I'll post this in the first post.

Sweet I'll have to try this again later. So weird this is the only game I have an issue running DVI -> HDMI 720P.

*Only had one video cable plugged in, made the switch with the TX2 off.

I guess it must be related to the dip settings then? Since I did DVI-DVI and still didn't work. I'll have to try setting all to off except #2. Not sure that the other dips do except for the update server #4 that I turned off at some point for SF.

I guess it must be related to the dip settings then? Since I did DVI-DVI and still didn't work. I'll have to try setting all to off except #2. Not sure that the other dips do except for the update server #4 that I turned off at some point for SF.
Niko tried his with Dip #1 and #5 on and it still worked fine. No idea what's going on with your setup. Hopefully it's not the monitor. Were you getting any sort of signal with the DVI cable?

Yeah everything worked as it did when I had DVI -> HDMI, the only problem was Battle Fantasia didn't load in 720p. Maybe it doesn't like the my monitor info that gets returned to the game. Out of curiosity maybe i'll try the other DVI port on the TX2 and see what happens. Still can't find that DVI/VGA adapter..ughhh

This is merely a guess but I know of issues on Resolution restore after game exit for other games on normal PC's
During game boot it ask the os what its connected to and what the output resolutions should be I believe the game is CORRECTLY reading the dip setting however due to your converters hdmi --- dvi the min resolution and or max resolution of the monitor cannot be verified so the game defaults to a 480P mode.

Hmm interesting. There isn't any converter so to say, its just a DVI to HDMI cable directly to the monitor. Same when I did DVI - DVI straight to the monitor. Last try will be if I ever find my DVI - VGA adapter. It could be it just doesn't like what my monitor reports, so going to try yanking another monitor off my desk and trying it with that as well if the DVI - VGA adapter doesn't work.

Their is a chip inside monitors that report supported resolutions "EDID" It could be the converter you have is a cheaper one that breaks these lines, or the monitor itself isn't reporting a proper "EDID"

What sort of dvi cable did you use. Eg dvi-i. Dvi-d. If you're not sure can you take a photo of the end of the cable

What sort of dvi cable did you use. Eg dvi-i. Dvi-d. If you're not sure can you take a photo of the end of the cable
DVI-D, the DVI->HDMI is dual link and the DVI-DVI is single.

Back