What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
@KaPH33n Brother, get your refund and be done. Concentrate on getting the stuff you wanted elsewhere, cause it just looks like it’s not going to happen, thankfully you are protected through PayPal. Maybe post on here what you are looking for and you can possibly get what you want at the price you want.

@ArcSys101 looks like you were honestly having issues with not getting a cleared payment through PayPal for whatever reason, but it should not have taken longer than 7-10 days. You should have also had a bit clearer communication with the buyer. Also, If you felt you were losing money in the deal because of maybe shipping was much more expensive than you thought/quoted, you could have explained that to the buyer and try to work it out. If not, quickly decline to complete the transaction/issue a refund and move on. Sure the buyer will be upset, but you were upfront with it, no harm done other than time wasted. I have personally taken a loss a few times with offering free shipping, specially on larger items. Shipping is getting very expensive, specially internationally.

Sometimes these international transactions can be a process. Communications, cultural differences, logistics, expectations all play a role on how smooth or not a transaction goes.

My personal way/thoughts on selling:
For me, as a seller, PayPal fees added is sometimes fine depending on the amount or item being sold. But I’m almost always asking for payment as PayPal gift from members here on AP, simply because I don’t want to deal with people claiming that the item does not work or was not as described,etc... almost 6 months later after getting it simply because now they are done playing/using it and determine they no longer want it. It has happened to me a few times. And of course PayPal has sided with the buyer and I have had to give a refund and accept the item back. I choose to finish the transaction and not deal with the person again and just block them altogether.

Now I almost strictly sell stuff via PayPal gift, or don’t sell it. If the person says they will cover fees, I explain to them why I don’t accept it. And most often than not they agree to do PayPal gift, simply because my reputation is very important in this community as a whole and specially here on AP. If an item does not work as advertised I have had zero issues giving a full refund once I received the actual item I sent back, in the condition I sent it in. Now, I have had a couple people try to do the switcheroo on me and try to pass off a defective item they had over the one I sent them. I keep detailed pics of everything I send out to try and avoid these type of little scam.

I have been on on both sides, have had bad transactions as seller/buyer. This is a small community, and word spreads quickly for both the good and specially the bad. Be civil, legit and responsible in what you guys do, don’t try to fuck over anyone on purpose. Don’t let a bad transaction trip you up. Just learn from it for the next time so you know how to handle things. In the end It’s all about enjoying the games and having fun.

Apologies for the long post that you guys probably don’t give a fuck about, and maybe doesn’t help you in any way :P I just felt like sharing my fucking 2 cents :D
i have a long week waiting for the payment of the buyer from PayPal , i waited for a week ,i thought it will cleared up the fund, i never thought that PayPal has these kind of process .

But anyway he got his refund ,and sorry for the wasted time for both of all hassles that happened

Thank You Derick2k

But anyway he got his refund ,and sorry for the wasted time for both of all hassles that happened
I have not yet received a refund. Believe me I will post if I get it. The action is waiting on you as far as I can tell.

I received a full refund now at 12:39am.

Attachments

• 5D241655-5197-42D5-9FD1-691305E33290.png
    5D241655-5197-42D5-9FD1-691305E33290.png
    476.3 KB · Views: 86
I wonder if the payment pending delay was due to using my Amex as the source instead of my bank account? I guess the (non)seller was right when he said I don’t trust him because I normally don’t use my card. However I thought it prudent to use extra protection for an intl transaction. He initially asked me to pay western union. Maybe if I’d done that there would have been no issue? Maybe there would have been no recourse?

I think the pending status was because there was never any tracking number added. I believe the payment was made in whole by the 29th. If not earlier. I also don’t think it’s right to sell something intl you can’t ship. I did send $80 in postage, but you shouldn’t have to wait for that to ship. That is a reimbursement for shipping expenses. Otherwise it needs to be all stated and laid out ahead of the transaction happening. If you needed a month I would have been fine with it, if there was adequate communications. Instead I had hundreds of dollars with an intl seller who was not responding to me and missed shipping dates twice when saying they would ship. Sorry if I over reacted, but I’m not sure if I did or not.

Let's us move on and forgive each other , as far as i can say , people tend to say some things not really meant even in doubt or trust issues.
My item recently arrived in the USA. If the River Service TTX2 I/O boards work in my Vewlix, I planned to leave good feedback. :thumbup:

So far, on the communication side, I had a good experience. Paypal refused to send payment instantly to the Philippines for some reason, but you held the item for me until the payment cleared, and shipped it quickly after. Once it arrives I will examine (and probably test) it and leave feedback.

The thread had one important point though. Please don't share buyers' real names, especially on the forum. That's considered a major privacy violation in many places. You may not have known that, though.

Nothing wrong with putting the person's real name in a thread if someone's getting scammed. Doesn't apply here, but folks need to know who to avoid.

Nothing wrong with putting the person's real name in a thread if someone's getting scammed. Doesn't apply here, but folks need to know who to avoid.
The problem was the seller was giving personal info (names and addresses) out to the buyer in order to prove he was legitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back