What's new
For Sale

jslsbcw1010

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to make sure i dont 'want to offend anyone when i post so doing a soft check on pricing.
Egret 3. body pretty decent shape.
Weiya monitor.. (not recapped yet) No burn.
i have had this machine over 10 years ..

Located in Southern California.
what do you think guys

You've been selling your cabs lately huh? Wish I have the space for more cabs.

I just want to make sure i dont 'want to offend anyone when i post so doing a soft check on pricing.
Egret 3. body pretty decent shape.
i have had this machine over 10 years ..

Located in Southern California.
what do you think guys
Irvine huh?
Hmmm lol. Torrance right here.
Either way good luck, there are a ton of buyers local for that cab.

i dont know the going rate of an egret 2, but i wouldnt pay more than 2500 personally. thats just me tho. i am not a wei ya fan

I messaged @jslsbcw1010 5 minutes after they posted saying I would take it, and they read the PM but never responded.
Why would they honestly. They were asking for a public discussion, not "privately message 5 minutes later asking to ship a cab". Instead of contributing anything you're just in here being thirsty trying to get a jump on people. Chill.

Most people in CA don't want to ship cabs, not because we're jerks or hoarders, but because it's a pain in the ass, the people you're dealing with can be flakes and shady and can't show up with cash and make it easy, and there's enough collectors here that there's rarely a need.

I'd have ignored your message too.

This is the rub really. Egret 3s have risen in stock just from the over-inflated Egret 2 prices and having the same shape and logo, but they still have that chassis. And the rep on those is what it is.

You can basically ask $2k for any clean cab these days and probably get it, even in Cali, KC has off the boat beater Astros for less but you get what you get with that. So that's where I'd start as a baseline. Then it's just a matter of actual condition and how people feel about the Egret name (great) vs how they feel about the ticking (often literally) bomb of a chassis. And it might run great for another decade, not trying to summon bad vibes, but Weiya gonna Weiya.

My personal guess is the Egret name will win out over people who don't have strong chassis feelings and you can keep going north of that $2k for a bit before running into real problems though.

@Aurich you can be a real prick sometimes, sorry but I had to say it.
You were rude and showed poor form and then complained it wasn't getting results. You don't like being called out on it, rude people rarely do. Look to your own behavior for the solution.

You could definitely word your responses a little nicer.
I didn't even call you a real prick, you could word your response a little nicer.

Last edited:
tks for the feedback. I think the condition is also the key as well.
pain factor, location, all that stuff matters a bit. I bought cabs from other places in the US and it cost near 1000 to have it shipped!
It's about 6-700 to get a cab across the country at the moment.

Location doesn't change the value of the item. It certainly changes the convenience factor for different buyers, but that really isn't anything to do with the value.

Bit of a reply to @Aurich I don't see an issue with selling to people across the country. Take good pictures, take sensible payment arrangements, and as long as the buyer is using someone like Beltmann to ship, it's actually less effort than selling locally. No haggle, no trying to help them get it in their vehicle, no nothing. Just be home when they arrive and let the shipping company do all the work.

Bit of a reply to @Aurich I don't see an issue with selling to people across the country. Take good pictures, take sensible payment arrangements, and as long as the buyer is using someone like Beltmann to ship, it's actually less effort than selling locally. No haggle, no trying to help them get it in their vehicle, no nothing. Just be home when they arrive and let the shipping company do all the work.
Depends on the buyer really. Some make it easier than others. And how they pay can be an issue too. I'm not trying to pay taxes on your cab payment. Cash is king.

I've shipped before, and it helps that I work from home so waiting on shipper windows is no big deal. But personally I find the process stressful even after the truck leaves. If things show up damaged or whatever else it's not technically my issue, but depending on the buyer it can be a headache. And I just feel bad about it in general, anything I'm selling I want to feel went safely to a good home.

I sent a CRT to a homie recently and the shipping company tried to jerk him at the end. Not my fault, but I still felt bad about it.

But fair point on having (hopefully) pros with a lift gate come and do the lifting. My back ain't trying to help you load a cab, that's how I fucked it up in the first place!

--

Tony PM'd me an apology and deleted his post FYI. I'm not interested in a back and forth or deleting anything I said, which I stand by, but I consider the issue closed personally. Enough said.

I would agree with the 2.5k assessment as a baseline for an egret 3 with weiya. Back when I got it, e3 was 1200 when astros were going for about 1000.

Being that not as many egret 3 come up for sale though, it could fetch a higher price as some people may be looking for a different looking cab and pay a premium.

Depends on condition.. I've seen Blasts go for over 3K on this forum even with the Weiya.

I paid like 3k for my E3 with a Toshiba monitor/chassis earlier this year, so I think 2.5k seems right with the Weiya.

I'm sure there's a line of interested folks... plz add me to it :P

Last edited:
Back