What's new
For Sale
I'd be interested depending on price, shipping probably restricts this to a U.S. buyer.

F3 multi is $370USD + shipping, so $400USD, plus F3 mobo. Not sure what those are worth now, $60USD maybe?

I'd price it at around $400-450USD for the set personally

plus F3 mobo. Not sure what those are worth now, $60USD maybe?
I have never seen a F3 motherboard (2017 onwards) for less than $150, I hope you are right though. Sounds about the amount I would pay for it as well.

You can regularly get F3 motherboards in Europe for 70 euros. I just bought one with Landmaker for 100 euros.

I'd be interested depending on price, shipping probably restricts this to a U.S. buyer.

F3 multi is $370USD + shipping, so $400USD, plus F3 mobo. Not sure what those are worth now, $60USD maybe?

I'd price it at around $400-450USD for the set personally
F3 mobos at the ready on Ebay go for about $100USD ish.
From hand-to-hand operator buy it would be around $60 for sure.

450$ USD shipped is a nice price for both parties, especially fully configured with SD card and what-not.
The amount of amazing gaming you get for the 450 is a deal within itself.
Darius especially.

Also interested - I've been keeping an eye out for an F3 multi.

Due to out of stock I would say $500.

The site says a March restock but who knows if that’s accurate.

$450 when back in stock.

Even if you get. Good luck playing it. That’s the real battle

I was referring to the sync issues I was having.

I had to mess with post and coast pll settings on my ossc and then change my out put from component to RGB d-sub 15. The short test I did with the Aeros didn't work either so now I am told to mess with my hold setting.

I love the games: Elevator Action, Puzzle bobble 4, Bubble bobble II, those wonderful shmups. I just wish it wasn't so finicky fixing the sync issues.

This is a sale thread, why would you come in here to complain about the issues you’re having?

Others have the F3 and it works perfectly well, especially in a cab which is what the hardware is designed for.

If you’re having issues, take it to the tech threads and learn about how to fix them, don’t ruin a price check/sale thread.

I’m not complaining and it’s not a sales thread “yet”.

He was asking for a price check and I gave him a high price based on availability.

Why don’t you chill out @xodaraP?

My issues are resolved but it was a bumpy road.

I was referring to the sync issues I was having.
That's an issue with LCD's and the OSSC and everything else, really. Not the multi.
Out of respect to a price check. I will not deter a possible sale and will end with saying I love the f3 multi and would recommend it to anyone GLWYS.

I love mine and would never sell it for $450 either.

The short test I did with the Aeros didn't work either so now I am told to mess with my hold setting.
The sync is so different on the F3 that you need to adjust the horizontal hold. However, it will work just fine. Most likely you will have to adjust it again when you want to play something with normal sync.

Long story short. I pulled out all my multis this weekend to test before I list for sale and my ossc now shows “init error -2”. Was just trying to get the F3 tested with the vga hat I just purchased . 2+ years and no luck playing it. I tested with my gbs8200 when I got it. No issues. Unfortunately I cannot find the related cable to hookup the video and will need to get another. Cheaper and faster than a new ossc for now.

Long story short. I pulled out all my multis this weekend to test before I list for sale and my ossc now shows “init error -2”. Was just trying to get the F3 tested with the vga hat I just purchased . 2+ years and no luck playing it. I tested with my gbs8200 when I got it. No issues. Unfortunately I cannot find the related cable to hookup the video and will need to get another. Cheaper and faster than a new ossc for now.
My OSSC hates my F3. I've tried even adding a scaler after the OSSC to see if it can capture it... nope.
What DOES work is this stupid thing????
https://www.amazon.com/Scart-Video-...keywords=scart+to+hdmi&qid=1581392075&sr=8-19

It's the "Chinese Shit Scaler" and it just works.
My cable flow...
PCB - jamma scart bypass - shit scaler - datapath capture card.

I'll be streaming my F3 on my Twitch stream tomorrow night at 8 if you want to see that configuration in action.
Link in my sig.

@psykom thanks. I wish I had asked about this sooner. I got spoiled with the cps2 and stv setups which are basically plug and play in comparison to the F3. I really want to use this multi before selling. Very frustrating for a noob like me.

@psykom thanks. I wish I had asked about this sooner. I got spoiled with the cps2 and stv setups which are basically plug and play in comparison to the F3. I really want to use this multi before selling. Very frustrating for a noob like me.
I have to keep it as a spare scaler for oddities like NBA Jam and other medium res games that the OSSC just still can't handle.
Yes it introduces about 2-3 frames of good lag, but it's very workable when scaling at lower res (720p).
I've run Third Strike tourneys with many none-the-wiser until they saw the hardware.
For capture it's a passable toolbox piece of hardware with plug-and-play usability.

I'm not a big fan of thread derailments but to at least provide a solution that isn't insanely slow before you go crazy buying things:
Another option is the retro scaler a1 by invizim. It'll scale to 31khz and output a vga signal which OSSC should take fine or you can just plug into a standard 31khz vga monitor.

https://irkenlabs.com/retro-scaler-a1/tested-sources

Back