What's new
For Sale
If it helps I'm using Perspex Midnight Black S2 9221 which is matte on both sides.
I'm running into similar issues -- I can't get the thickness I want in the sizes required. It looks like they do have a 5mm thickness (I'm using 1/4"/6.3mm for these), so I'll at least keep it in mind for future projects. Thanks for the tip.

Usually watchdog reset is voltage related. I have a feeling you've already been down that road, but let me know if you get it fixed :)

I would budget for an additional $20.

There is not, but I wouldn't have any issue designing/printing some brackets for the corners and middle pieces to replace the rubber feet. This is probably something that should be included by default. The material would probably not match the other printed pieces as I'd go with Nylon or something tougher since it would have load (it would be black at least).

No pics of a finished one, unfortunately. It would quite literally be the same, just sans lip:

1699806683562.png

As for the screws, I actually did try to source some matching, anodized black screws. I kept coming up short when it came to the longer ones, and decided against it as it would mean a few do not much.

If you really wanted black over SS, I'd recommend picking up a kit like this. I opted against them simply because I'm not a fan of the dull/matte black finish.

Well my power supply is a suzo happ sliver power supply has a black knob on it to turn up or low voltage but im on a 6 way with other pcbs hooked to it..i dont wanna mess my pcbs up

Has anybody else paid for this case from Nick yet? I paid in full 2 days ago and haven’t heard from him since …. Hope this seller is legitimate and this isn’t a scam 🤦🏻‍♂️

Apologies, I missed your last PM. Yes, multiple users have paid already. I'll be honest -- I don't appreciate the public implication that I'm using my work to scam users on AP, a forum that I've been active on for some time.

With that said, I do genuinely appreciate your preorder, and rest assured this is not some sort of long con. All I ask is that you trust the process. If anything changes from what is outlined in the original post, it will be updated here.

Last edited:
Apologies, I missed your last PM. Yes, multiple users have paid already. I'll be honest -- I don't appreciate the public implication that I'm using my work to scam users on AP, a forum that I've been active on for some time.

With that said, I do genuinely appreciate your preorder, and rest assured this is not some sort of long con. All I ask is that you trust the process. If anything changes from what is outlined in the original post, it will be updated here.
I apologize Nick, was just starting to worry a little. Thank you for acknowledging and confirmation 🙏🏼

Are you PM’ing us to pay, or should we be getting in contact with you? 👍

Quick update: it looks like everyone who wants one is on the list. I'm going to let this ride until after Thanksgiving, then PM everyone the final details over the weekend, as well as payment information. The plan from there is to order all the materials the following Monday, and begin fabrication.

I will wind up ordering enough for 20 enclosures, so some will be added to a simple web store.

Not sure how I didnt reply to this, though I did like the initial post, but.. yeah this is all sorts of badassery. Thanks for the hard work man.

DD

Most materials have been ordered today. I expect the black acrylic to arrive by next Wednesday, and the hardware showing up probably in 2-4 weeks (the aluminum stuff is mostly from Ali, so that can vary pretty wildly). I'm still waiting on a quote/lead time for the red acrylic backer.

Last edited:
Update: All the black acrylic has arrived, the red acrylic has shipped, and all the hardware has shipped. The hardware won't arrive until the very end of December.

All the printed parts are finished except the heatsink retainer. I still have to design/print it, and the mounting feet. I've decided on SLS printing the mounting feet out of Nylon.

I hope to do most of the laser cutting throughout the next two weeks. If everything arrives as expected, we are looking at shipping in the first week of January.

Additionally, I am going to include both black and red brackets in each package. A couple of you paid extra for both brackets -- I will, of course, refund that.

Last edited:
Holiday update:
  • Red acrylic showed up
  • Expecting to finish up the black pieces next week during our shutdown period
  • Still need to design/make the hold down feet; expecting to do that next week while the laser does its thing
  • Received the feet, so I expect the hardware to trickle in over the next week or two
  • I should be able to provide a pretty firm delivery date by the end of next week
Also, who the hell packages a bulk item like this?

1703381633016.png

Back