What's new

raidenmaniac1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a rev6 with G pal and installed kit (3rd batch). all the games load and play fine but I can't get any sound on any game. I can barely hear sound (very very low however, It is so low I have to be in a silent room to kind of guess something is coming out ) the sound volume is set all the way up on my PVM and CPS2 audio setup option.

I am using a micro SD card that works fine on my other MultiKit (2nd batch) so I know the SD card is ok. If I plug in my other CPS2 Multi kit I get sound; If I put the ROMs back on the CPS2 B board that lacks sound with the 3rd MultiKit then I also get sound. So I believe my setup and hardware are OK.

I don't see the crackling sound fix's small PCB mounted on the main the PCB itself; was the main board re-designed for the 3rd batch to include the fix? Just curious if this could be source of the problem.

You will need to send it in to get the sound fix pcb installed (you must have gotten one of the last remaining from second run). You should, however, have sound. Are you sure there are no broken pins? Are you taking sound from JAMMA or RCAs?

I am getting sound from JAMMA. Should I send you the CPS2B board then ?

Edit: I was mistaken; the main PCB has the cracking sound fix; I see the tiny light brown IC now that you posted on the video cracking fix.
I did not notice any broken pins.

Last edited:
How many different games have you tried on that one?

You can send that one to me to look at if you would like.

I just powered it back up and I get sound now; I did not touch anything since last night; just turned the power on. I always have fingerprint board with voltmeter LED and it reads 5.05 on the CPS2A board end; just like it did yesterday when I was not getting any sound.
however the volume still feels kind of low (all settings set to max); it is very noisy and it goes on and off; basically it sounds like my 2nd Kit was doing prior you did the crackling sound fix. I don't know what to make of this.

Yeah I'm not sure either. I guess just monitor it. Try upping voltage to about 5.08.

I just powered it back up and I get sound now; I did not touch anything since last night; just turned the power on. I always have fingerprint board with voltmeter LED and it reads 5.05 on the CPS2A board end; just like it did yesterday when I was not getting any sound.
however the volume still feels kind of low (all settings set to max); it is very noisy and it goes on and off; basically it sounds like my 2nd Kit was doing prior you did the crackling sound fix. I don't know what to make of this.
I don't know if your sound problem is related with the multi kit but just wanted to add my experience with CPS2 systems in general...

First, the sound is generated and amplified on A board. Have you tried another A board?

Second, analog sound section (specifically the amplifier IC) runs with 12V. So, have you checked your 12V?

Third, sound coming one day going the other day type of behavior sounds like a faulty capacitor issue on analog sound section rather than a logical issue. You may want to re-cap the sound section of that A board.

These are of course just my suggestions and your problem may be completely something else...

I don't know if your sound problem is related with the multi kit but just wanted to add my experience with CPS2 systems in general...
First, the sound is generated and amplified on A board. Have you tried another A board?

Second, analog sound section (specifically the amplifier IC) runs with 12V. So, have you checked your 12V?

Third, sound coming one day going the other day type of behavior sounds like a faulty capacitor issue on analog sound section rather than a logical issue. You may want to re-cap the sound section of that A board.

These are of course just my suggestions and your problem may be completely something else...
I completely agree with you. Looks like a Capacitor problem happening in the A Board.

Back