What's new

YerpS3s

Student
Reaction score
Hey guys im new here but have been a lurker for quite a while. I recently saw and pulled the trigger on buying a full setup cps3 board.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334292017986

With this darksoft modded cart what do i need anything specifically to change it to a SCSI-SD mod?

With this darksoft modded cart what do i need anything specifically to change it to a SCSI-SD mod?
You need the SCSI2SD board, and a micro SD card to flash the right image for the cart you have.

Depending on how your cart is set up you need one image or the other, so you have a choice: you can open your cart and post a photo so we can tell you. Or you can flip a coin and guess, and if it doesn't work use the other image.

Hot damn, $US1250. CPS3 prices just keep going up. In 12 months $1250 will probably seem like an insanely low price.

+1 for @Aurich answer. You’ll need a SD2SCSI device. The correct game set to put on the SD card will depend if you have the “custom” or the “standard” SH2 chip in that cart. Alternatively the auction said it came with a working multi CD? maybe you could just dump the contents of that CD onto the SD card?

Hot damn, $US1250. CPS3 prices just keep going up. In 12 months $1250 will probably seem like an insanely low price.

+1 for @Aurich answer. You’ll need a SD2SCSI device. The correct game set to put on the SD card will depend if you have the “custom” or the “standard” SH2 chip in that cart. Alternatively the auction said it came with a working multi CD? maybe you could just dump the contents of that CD onto the SD card?
This is a great idea, ill dump the cd when i get my scsi2sd

This is a great idea, ill dump the cd when i get my scsi2sd
Was thinking about this the other day because I'm going to make my own SD2SCSI boards from the older 4.x FOSS project. Assuming I can get the parts, which I probably cannot.

Anyhoo, the point was that if/when you get your SCSI2SD there is some "stuff" that needs to happen to get the SD card set up so that the SCSI2SD will mount it as a CD drive - It's more complicated than I thought.
https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...ive-with-scsi-sd-card-adapter.300/post-183415

Back