What's new
For Sale
I just shipped a Mini Cute to the east coast for almost $800.

$800. For a Mini Cute. Absolutely out of control.
That's really gross. Really really gross.

Diesel's cheaper than it was a year ago too (though higher than the past 6 months). So it's certainly not that.

If I had to guess, using Beltmann as our example, they're part of CRST/STI/Gardner/etc. CRST is going through major restructuring these past 4 months or so and into the next year. They are in the middle of migrating from being a long haul OTR duo driver operation to single driver "local" deliveries (think regional, not same city/state). Which probably equates to fewer trucks going from major hub to major hub, making the trucks that DO make those trips more valuable/harder to get items onto.

Last edited:
I wonder if part of it is also other freight companies being at capacity with harbors freeing up (I believe that's still going on, but not super sure, it may already be resolved).

I wonder if part of it is also other freight companies being at capacity with harbors freeing up (I believe that's still going on, but not super sure, it may already be resolved).
Could be for other companies. In the case of CRST they've been doing waves of layoffs all year, drivers included. Or I guess it still tracks that they wouldn't have enough drivers because they laid them off, heh.

Any which way it's not looking good for us. :/

Back