What's new

64MK

Professional
Reaction score
I am not sure if this belongs here or not so please feel free to move it if needed.

I'm looking for a solution to a problem I'm having that I kind of know the answer to but am looking for more opinions. My FC currently boots a Windows 10 PC to Steam big picture and is the main focus of the cab. HOWEVER, I like a bit of MAME fun too and shutting down Steam and opening MAME can get annoying.

What's the best free solution to this issue that you know of? I know Launchbox would solve this but then I'd have to pay to get Big Box.

Never heard of that technique but seems ideal (native MAME from my desktop and simply launching from Steam UI.)

Big Box goes on sale for Black Friday at a pretty hefty discount if that's your end solution. Keep an eye out in November.

For now, yeah, I've heard through multiple sources that you can launch other games through the steam/big picture interface like Auro pointed out. Looks like you're all set.

Thanks for that tip @Kagaden - I'm not opposed to buying Launchbox. $75 is just a lot for software when you're unemployed (and to that end, I think that will be my ultimate solution. Their nesica X live theme looks good!)

Thanks for that tip @Kagaden - I'm not opposed to buying Launchbox. $75 is just a lot for software when you're unemployed (and to that end, I think that will be my ultimate solution. Their nesica X live theme looks good!)

It’s a lot more work I presume, but attractmode with nesicaxlive theme is pretty nice. You just have to set up everything yourself, or install the ttx3 multi and start from that because that’s what it is running as it’s frontend.

But hey, free.

It’s a lot more work I presume, but attractmode with nesicaxlive theme is pretty nice. You just have to set up everything yourself, or install the ttx3 multi and start from that because that’s what it is running as it’s frontend.

But hey, free.
Yeah, I actually use Attract Mode w/ a custom theme on my GroovyMame CRT setup but I didn't want to learn more crap to add Windows games, etc.. but I might have to cuz as you said "Hey, free."

Hehe

Back