What's new

Recalbox

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Some of you may already know us, but for the rest of you, we're the Recalbox team, a group of retrogaming enthusiasts like you, dedicated to making video game heritage as accessible and faithful to the original as possible.
Our motto is : simplicity.

That's why we've been working hard over the last few months to bring you the first 100% plug-and-play emulation solution for JAMMA arcade machines: RECALBOX RGB JAMMA!

1366755c-197d-4241-a161-ce371b38380d.gif

Plug in, play. There's nothing else to do!

Of course, Recalbox RGB JAMMA inherits the same technology as RECALBOX RGB DUAL, used today by nearly 4,000 users worldwide, and unanimously acclaimed for its precision and respect for the original audio/video signal. (Each game is launched with its own frequency/resolution display mode).

All games, all platforms, no configuration required!

15ac5339-6eaf-43c0-ab0b-935c569f554b.png

If you'd like to find out more, we'd be delighted to answer any questions you may have!
You'll also find all the information you need about the RECALBOX RGB JAMMA on our crowdfunding campaign here:
https://www.kisskissbankbank.com/en/projects/recalbox-rgb-jamma-tout-recalbox-dans-votre-borne-jamma

Thanks again for your warm welcome, and we look forward to talking with you!

The Recalbox team.

“0.5ms input lag: the lowest input lag ever recorded”… hmmmmm

Am curious about how you tested the lag and also the 1:1 “perfect” claim re: pixel and frequency perfection.

Finally, gotta say that CPS-2 would be the most commonly used kick harness, not CPS-1.

“0.5ms input lag: the lowest input lag ever recorded”… hmmmmm
Hi djsheep !
Please note that the methodology and tools used are explained and freely available on the crowdfunding campaign page.
Tests can therefore be freely reproduced at home !

I don’t use emulators or FPGA personally. So I won’t be testing.

On your site you say: “Input lag is the time between a button being pressed and the system taking this event into account. Not to be confused with latency, which represents the time it takes for the image to update itself after an input event.”

Bit of a moot point if a Raspberry Pi then takes 3ms to update the screen wouldn’t you say?

I don’t use emulators or FPGA personally. So I won’t be testing.

On your site you say: “Input lag is the time between a button being pressed and the system taking this event into account. Not to be confused with latency, which represents the time it takes for the image to update itself after an input event.”

Bit of a moot point if a Raspberry Pi then takes 3ms to update the screen wouldn’t you say?

We will be clarifying this point in the next few days and completing the table by taking into account overall latency, solution by solution.
(We're just waiting for the right equipment to be delivered so that we can do this rigorously and methodologically).

Probably best to remove that from your crowdfunding spiel too as most people I think regard input lag as something entirely different to what you do.

Claiming you’ve got the lowest recorded number in the world using a tool you’ve created yourself is a bit misleading honestly.

@Recalbox do you intend to make the same thing for JVS-NUC cabinets with 2x scaling+scanlines options ?

Probably best to remove that from your crowdfunding spiel too as most people I think regard input lag as something entirely different to what you do.

Claiming you’ve got the lowest recorded number in the world using a tool you’ve created yourself is a bit misleading honestly.

However, we made it clear that the measurements were only carried out on input lag and not on full latency. That's why we published the process and the sources of the tools used for these measurements.

We'll let you read about the tools and the methodology. Even if you have a problem with the methodology, it was rigorously identical for each solution.
The bottom line is: we're already doing better on input lag than the solutions that currently exist, and that can only reduce the total latency about which you were worried.

I hope we've made things clearer now :)

@Recalbox do you intend to make the same thing for JVS-NUC cabinets with 2x scaling+scanlines options ?

Hello, and thank you for your interest!
It's not impossible.
Presenting the JAMMA RGB Recalbox has awakened quite a few people who, like you, would like to see the same solution for JVS-NUC cabinets.
After this project, we'll see if we can go down that route, because as you can imagine, it requires a lot of development, prototyping and testing.

Does this device have a video amp or anything on the sync line to get the levels to the correct levels for arcade monitors?

@Recalbox Per your original post in being delighted to answer questions, I thought I'd post again to see if you could answer mine.

Does this device have a video amp or anything on the sync line to get the levels to the correct levels for arcade monitors?

Tried to buy one from your website but all of my credit cards were rejected.
DAYS LATER
tried another CC and it worked.

Last edited:
Back