What's new
well i tried that and it didnt work it just said cd rom not connected properly. Tried hooking the scsi to pc to change to cd rom its not recognizing it. Tried to download firmware. Its just stuck on bootloading. Anything else i should try?

well i tried that and it didnt work it just said cd rom not connected properly. Tried hooking the scsi to pc to change to cd rom its not recognizing it. Tried to download firmware. Its just stuck on bootloading. Anything else i should try?
When I first looked through this thread I tried to update the firmware and changing the CD drive but then realized those were the directions for the older setups.

Did you update the filename of the ISO? Should be 'CD1+[your iso name].iso'. In my case it was 'CD1CAP-33S-1.iso'.

yes i tried 0 and 1...jus says cd rom not connected
Check your dip switches.

1673510578575.jpeg

I have switch 3 up. I believe that’s the default.

this is the text log

[0ms] Platform: ZuluSCSI v1.1
[0ms] FW Version: 1.2.0-release Dec 21 2022 18:21:02
[0ms] DIPSW3 is ON: Enabling SCSI termination
[2ms] Optional GreenPAK detected, loading firmware
[53ms] GreenPAK firmware successfully loaded
[170ms] SD card detected, FAT32 volume size: 1910 MB
[170ms] SD MID: 0x1D, OID: 0x41 0x44
[171ms] SD Name: SD
[171ms] SD Date: 1/2008
[171ms] SD Serial: 0xA0500DCA
[173ms] Config file zuluscsi.ini not found, using defaults
[173ms] Active configuration:
[174ms] -- SelectionDelay: 255
[174ms] -- EnableSCSI2 is on
[183ms] Finding HDD images in directory /:
[183ms] -- Opening /CD1CAP-33S-1.iso.iso for id:1 lun:0
[1341ms] ---- Image file is contiguous, SD card sectors 8224 to 1170215
[1342ms] ---- Configuring as CD-ROM drive based on image name
[1342ms] ---- Read prefetch enabled: 8192 bytes
[1343ms] SCSI ID:1 BlockSize:2048 Type:2 Quirks:0 ImageSize:580996kB
[1844ms] SCSI PHY operating mode: GREENPAK_DMA
[1844ms] Initialization complete!

Literally tried everything. Well the good news is that I still have the other nocd Cart and simms with 3rd strike and that runs perfect... so maybe it's the scsi connector or the board. The scsi2sd wouldn't recognize on the cps no matter what I tried. It wouldn't even recognize on my pc or other pcs with different cables. It lights up like it's powered. So it's definitely working.

this is the text log

[0ms] Platform: ZuluSCSI v1.1
[0ms] FW Version: 1.2.0-release Dec 21 2022 18:21:02
[0ms] DIPSW3 is ON: Enabling SCSI termination
[2ms] Optional GreenPAK detected, loading firmware
[53ms] GreenPAK firmware successfully loaded
[170ms] SD card detected, FAT32 volume size: 1910 MB
[170ms] SD MID: 0x1D, OID: 0x41 0x44
[171ms] SD Name: SD
[171ms] SD Date: 1/2008
[171ms] SD Serial: 0xA0500DCA
[173ms] Config file zuluscsi.ini not found, using defaults
[173ms] Active configuration:
[174ms] -- SelectionDelay: 255
[174ms] -- EnableSCSI2 is on
[183ms] Finding HDD images in directory /:
[183ms] -- Opening /CD1CAP-33S-1.iso.iso for id:1 lun:0
[1341ms] ---- Image file is contiguous, SD card sectors 8224 to 1170215
[1342ms] ---- Configuring as CD-ROM drive based on image name
[1342ms] ---- Read prefetch enabled: 8192 bytes
[1343ms] SCSI ID:1 BlockSize:2048 Type:2 Quirks:0 ImageSize:580996kB
[1844ms] SCSI PHY operating mode: GREENPAK_DMA
[1844ms] Initialization complete!
This log doesn't look that bad, you have a working SD card, it's able to log to it, and it's mounting the image on SCSI ID 1 on the bus. It's been a while since I set up a CPS3 but you really seem close. Reach out to the vendor (Rabbit Hole Computing) and they will help you.

Are you sure you used the right iso image? I got the same error when I used the wrong Darksoft CPS3 image (Used custom when I should have used standard….)

After using the right iso, everything worked flawlessly. Did not change anything with the zulu. Just popped in a memory card with the right image and hey presto!

Last edited:
Literally tried everything. Well the good news is that I still have the other nocd Cart and simms with 3rd strike and that runs perfect... so maybe it's the scsi connector or the board. The scsi2sd wouldn't recognize on the cps no matter what I tried. It wouldn't even recognize on my pc or other pcs with different cables. It lights up like it's powered. So it's definitely working.
I had a similar issue back when I had bought a new scsi2sd for my CPS3 setup and I had to go through 5 different USB cables to find one it found 'acceptable' to connect to my PC in order to set it up properly. I don't know why it's so picky. So try using as many as you have lying around.

I jus tried on another system and it read it right away. Gave me 2 quick errors 13 and when I tried again it said 23. So maybe the simms or the image. Getting there lol. At least I know my other board needs some work to fix the scsi

I jus tried on another system and it read it right away. Gave me 2 quick errors 13 and when I tried again it said 23. So maybe the simms or the image. Getting there lol. At least I know my other board needs some work to fix the scsi
Check your 5V level at the hdd connector (whether you're using it or not), and at the JAMMA edge. See if it's a little low.

If I had a original 3 new gen cart and a disc. Am I able to make a iso of the disc and use the scsi2sd?

If I had a original 3 new gen cart and a disc. Am I able to make a iso of the disc and use the scsi2sd?
You should be able to take any working CD CPS3 system, rip the CD to Iso, put that on an SD card [named properly], and be good to go. That is with a zuluscsi or bluescsi. Scsi2sd is harder to configure and out of production.

BlueSCSI-v2 has just been released - it's a bit bigger than the v1, uses a Raspberry Pi Pico (instead of bluepill), and all SMD components.

Announcement here
https://bluescsi.com/v2

GitHub here
https://github.com/BlueSCSI/BlueSCSI-v2

Firmware is a fork of ZuluSCSI (moving from STM to Pi) so in theory anything ZuluSCSI supports so should BlueSCSI2 but of course nothing has been tested yet.

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 2.03.23 PM.png

BlueSCSI-v2 has just been released - it's a bit bigger than the v1, uses a Raspberry Pi Pico (instead of bluepill), and all SMD components.

Announcement here
https://bluescsi.com/v2

GitHub here
https://github.com/BlueSCSI/BlueSCSI-v2

Firmware is a fork of ZuluSCSI (moving from STM to Pi) so in theory anything ZuluSCSI supports so should BlueSCSI2 but of course nothing has been tested yet.

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 2.03.23 PM.png
Nice, i think now it's time to get, if i can find the parts!

lol of course it is! I just purchased a V1 from the US that just got shipped :(
The V1 is exactly what we want for CPS3 - everything we need, nothing we don't.
In fact I would prefer the V1 at this point because it is tested and confirmed working, the V2 is not.
proceed with confidence that you've made a wise choice

Back