What's new

GoenitzNYC

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello,

I have created a custom cable in order to address/fix the button layout on both the RetroElectronik SUPERGUN and their Genesis/MegaDrive PAD2NEOGEO Adapter when playing a Capcom 6 button CPS/CPS2 arcade game. I have successfully create three cables using the Diagram I created to ensure it is 100% accurate. Please note you will need to know how to solder and also need to buy a few items such as the cable and the Male DV15 Connector.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES YOU CAUSE TO YOURSELF OR TO ANY HARDWARE. In addition I do not sell these nor will I make any for anyone.

ISSUES:
1. The RetroElectronik SUPERGUN by default has K2, K3, and Coin buttons not mapped correctly on the DB15 controller ports
2. The RetroElectronik Genesis/MegaDrive PAD2NEOGEO Adapter has the ability to play/utilize 6 buttons for gameplay (in this case a CPS arcade game/board) BUT the punch and kick rows are swapped.
- Punches are on the bottom of the Genesis/MD 6 button pad (mapped as ABC)
- Kicks are on the top of the Genesis/MD 6 button pad (mapped as XYZ)

RESOLUTION:

After successfully building/creating the cable connecting (female end) it to a controller port on the RetroElectronik SUPERGUN and the other end (male) to the their Genesis/MegaDrive PAD2NEOGEO Adapter the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive controller will have the buttons mapped correctly - Start will be Start, P1 = X, P2 = Y, P3 = Z, K1 = A, K2 = B, K3 = C. You will have to press the Coin button on the SUPERGUN to insert Coins as the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Controller doesn't support it (the MODE button will not function; does nothing).

Attached is a Diagram I created of the pinout correcting the two issues detailed above.

I created it using this cable for sale on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-pin-cab...332100?hash=item33f4610904:g:E5sAAOSwKIpV~6vP

I also purchased a few DB15 15 Pin 2 Rows Male Plug D-Sub Connector Gray Plastic Cover Hood Backshell to connect the wires to which are also available on eBay.

Just do a search for those, there are tones of them from various sellers and for various quantities and prices.

I hope this helps those that have a RetroElectronik and their Genesis/MD to NEOGEO Adapter and want to play 6 button games correctly.

Happy Retro-gaming folks!

Attachments

• Retroelectronik Custom Cable - Capcom 6 Button.PNG
    Retroelectronik Custom Cable - Capcom 6 Button.PNG
    62.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Back