What's new
Yep, I proposed it few posts ago... it would be fantastic!!! (but I don't know if it's technically possible)

@ack you had mentioned that some update on VTXCart changed the sizing of things enough to afford the entire library on your dual daughterboard.

Is this update reflected in the python version, but not the exe as of the current github release? Perhaps @Fluffy can answer?

With an identical gamelist:

If I run _run.bat I get "Error: ROM\crom is full!"

If I run _run_py.bat I do not (and I've peeked at the code, it IS capable of providing the error).

I'm confused. I thought you made 2 of these carts and now offering your services to others here. You've taken money from people without actually getting one of these to work?? Do they know that?

I'm confused. I thought you made 2 of these carts and now offering your services to others here. You've taken money from people without actually getting one of these to work?? Do they know that?
Breathe, friend. I built mine without the dual daughterboard since they weren't in hand at the time (and hence didn't run into the size issue). Not everything is a conspiracy.

And I've only taken money for carts at this point for the record, zero money for work.

Would it be possible to create submenu for Hack version of certain games?
Something like, choose the game, if the game has HACK variation then just display it out on screen
I'd suggest to use a non-modded cart for that. The goal of this project was to have 100% clean roms. Also there is simply not enough space left to re-add all these hacks.

Speaking of hacks (and homebrew). @Vortex I see that your game list has Hypernoid in it. Using the same files you provided from your archive link and either program, I am running into this error and the program halts:

"Error: hyprnoid mrom size 0x0000000000080000 bigger than 0x00040000". I also run into it with SSVS Perfect (samsh5fe and samsh5fep).

How did you get around this with Hypernoid in your set?

Would it be possible to get support for S roms that are 512KB? The Garou final version from the neoragex 5.2a set has a Srom of this size. Most other games with one above 512kb had mirroring or redundancy, so was able to split the bin to reduce the size and it still worked. Not so much with this one. Alexcom was able to confirm this version runs on a Neosd Pro.

Would it be possible to get support for S roms that are 512KB? The Garou final version from the neoragex 5.2a set has a Srom of this size. Most other games with one above 512kb had mirroring or redundancy, so was able to split the bin to reduce the size and it still worked. Not so much with this one. Alexcom was able to confirm this version runs on a Neosd Pro.
Its not possible because the upper address lines of the M1/S1 flash chips are directly tied to the selected game number. This causes a hard limit of 256K for M1 and 128K for S1 roms.

Its not possible because the upper address lines of the M1/S1 flash chips are directly tied to the selected game number. This causes a hard limit of 256K for M1 and 128K for S1 roms.
Ah, this will keep Hypernoid off the cart then. I assume that it's just in the games/rom list on github/archive and not actually on the cart @Vortex made then.

Dumb question but can you remap the address lines in the CPLD to work around the size limit?

Thats probably a good idea anyways, I dont think hypernoid is freeware.
It’s practically free.
Last time I checked you just sign up for the patreon for $6 and you can get access to the rom.

Dumb question but can you remap the address lines in the CPLD to work around the size limit?

The short answer is no. When you select a game the prog CP1 CPLD will set the cable that goes between the 2 boards to be the game number. The CPLD on the CHA board uses this for properly mapping data from the C flash chips. However for M1/S1 flash chips the upper address lines are tied directly to the cable traces, so you cant adjust the mapping.

So basically it would require cutting some traces and using bodge wires?

Thats probably a good idea anyways, I dont think hypernoid is freeware.
Ahhhhhhh, didn't realize.

I'm seeing the same issue with samsh5fe/p as well. M1rom is too large unfortunately and it isn't just a doubled up file or anything. Samsh5pf does fit however.

It’s practically free.
Last time I checked you just sign up for the patreon for $6 and you can get access to the rom.
Sure, but I doubt that's $6 for commercial use, much like xeno crisis isn't. So then I'd have to figure out how to pay them 6 bucks per cart through patreons and up the price and and and... Plus the M1rom is too large anyway.

Last edited:
I know ArcadeTv and I believe he is among the most honest, open minded and serene people in the community: it's certainly not like him to stir up controversy.
I've also come into contact with Razoola in the past, and he's always been chill.

I believe that everyone can choose if/how to protect their work, and above all how to dedicate their time without moral obligations, especially if certain periods of life require dedicating to something else.

A big misunderstanding is being futilely created, IMHO.

A big misunderstanding is being futilely created, IMHO.
After reading some of the posts of here he seems to have a very adversarial attitude.

The term 'poison pill' is a bit disingenuous, Razoola made the unibios and had every right to implement some form of protection so others wouldn't rip off his work which he incidentally released for free anyway.

I'd say a real 'poison pill' example was when old mate put an expiry date inside the firmware for the Dreamcast usb gdrom which bricked them once that expired.

I'd say a real 'poison pill' example was when old mate put an expiry date inside the firmware for the Dreamcast usb gdrom which bricked them once that expired.
Luckily he changed that promptly after getting a lot of blowback.

Back