What's new

Snips

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the arcade scene, and I'll be getting my hands on a Rhythm Tengoku cabinet.

Does anyone know the kHz of the monitor that it comes with? To my understanding, most Japanese Naomi Universal cabs are capable of 15Khz/24Khz/31Khz frequencies.
I'm trying to find out because I'm interested in using it with the Jammafier, and JAMMAizer. Unsure if I'll need something extra like a Retro Scaler A1, or even the compatibility at that.

Would really appreciate the help.
Thank you!

most Japanese Naomi Universal cabs are capable of 15Khz/24Khz/31Khz frequencies
no.
NAOMI Universal from the factory was 31kHz only
Net City Cabinets were Tri-Sync (15/24/31kHz)

that is the primary difference between the cabinets.

NAOMI games (like Rhythm Tengoku) are designed to run at 31kHz, but the NAOMI hardware is able to interlace that output (meaning throwing away half of the video data) for backwards compatibility with older 15kHz only cabs.

no.
NAOMI Universal from the factory was 31kHz only
Net City Cabinets were Tri-Sync (15/24/31kHz)

that is the primary difference between the cabinets.

NAOMI games (like Rhythm Tengoku) are designed to run at 31kHz, but the NAOMI hardware is able to interlace that output (meaning throwing away half of the video data) for backwards compatibility with older 15kHz only cabs.
Do you know how well it'll work with the Jammafier and JAMMAizer?
I'm uncertain because of this snippet from irkenlabs.

Attachments

• jammafier_sega_naomi universal.PNG
    jammafier_sega_naomi universal.PNG
    985.2 KB · Views: 59
My guess it has a MS2934, but I haven't seen one to confirm. MS2934 is a 31khz chassis. Jamma is 15khz.

If this would be the case you would need to pair the Jammafier with a scaler. The Retro Scaler A1 is made for this exact purpose.

Back