What's new
Got it. It is in inches, and I don't have my final piece to validate everything, but hopefully it is a start for you @namastepat. Only thing that may be hard to read is the 3/8 rounded corners, and also all edges are beveled.

1637161438466.png

Attachments

• Aero City - Repro Glass Specs.pdf
    188.4 KB · Views: 130
Well I had a repro done and the glass company broke the panel when they tried to screw the mount holes.

They gave me a brand new contoured, beveled tinted pane for free but refused to screw the holes.

It looks gorgeous with a sticker border all brand new.. but now I have to figure out how to mount posts adhered to the backing because I have no mount holes

I want it for my parts Aero, and I prefer the look of no screws on the glass..

Well I had a repro done and the glass company broke the panel when they tried to screw the mount holes.

They gave me a brand new contoured, beveled tinted pane for free but refused to screw the holes.

It looks gorgeous with a sticker border all brand new.. but now I have to figure out how to mount posts adhered to the backing because I have no mount holes

I want it for my parts Aero, and I prefer the look of no screws on the glass..
Find a laser guy though the reflection might hinder it... May or may not work. There are also other precision tools that could do the job. I would hope a glass shop would be able to cut holes into glass but alas...

Last edited:
Bumping dead thread to add info for anyone in the future looking for more info - After calling multiple local glass shops and being denied, I was referred to these guys based in Washington State https://www.onedayglass.com/order-online/

After speaking to them and discussing this project, I learned there are two types of tinted glass, light grey and dark grey. Dark grey is used for car window tint, it is too dark for arcade monitor glass. Light grey is the most likely tint for this. (Other ways of tinting involve putting a decal on top of glass)

Laminate / Safety glass is what I ordered. As far as I could tell, this is what you want if you are going for the stock look.

Here's my order. I couldn't get the flat, 1-step bevel on all edges for some reason, probably due to the type of glass, so I asked them to pencil-grind the edges instead. I selected the matte/satin option.

Laminate / Safety Glass
Shape: Rounded Corner(s) (a, b, c, d)
Thickness: 1/4"
Tint: Light Gray
Edgework: Pencil Grind All Edges
Hole Size: 3/8"
Hole Quantity: 4

Total order including shipping was $260 USD. If anything doesn't fit, looks weird, or the weight is off or whatever, I'll update the thread and try again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 4.37.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 4.37.13 PM.png
    476.2 KB · Views: 55
The reason I did not select "Tempered Laminate" is because there are no beveling options for this glass. It's "Seamed edge" standard finish only when you have rounded corners.

Regular "Tempered glass" with the same specifications is about $50 cheaper, at $214 shipped. Here's some more info on the differences: https://info.glass.com/laminated-vs-tempered-glass/

Typically, laminated glass products are a slightly higher price than tempered products of the same type and thickness.
The optical clarity for both laminated and tempered glass are excellent in either product will provide many years of satisfactory service in your door or window.

It seems the visibility is identical and it's mainly a matter of cost, preference. I went with the stronger glass because who the hell knows what could happen, right? Maybe I'll knock a lamp into the aero city some day and I don't want glass shards and glass dust everywhere.

The cutting process they use is with a water-jet.

Oh also, if you try to use cheap Annealed glass, you will get this warning:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 4.41.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 4.41.54 PM.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I ordered Aero front glass from Yaton, cost $200 total ($40 for the glass, $160 for the shipping). Took forever to ship but just in case anyone's looking and doesn't want to go the glass shop route. Apart from some of that black paint surround being worn the glass was absolutely perfect

e:

glass.jpg

It's not on his website, and wasn't when I asked him either. He told me he had a few (4 or 5 I think)

Back