What's new

Bastich76

Student
Reaction score
I recently refurbished a Blast City cabinet that was missing the HOT-1303 port cover. There are very few topics on the web that covered this and I couldn't find one to buy. @RandomRetro made a great simple design for 3D printing in this post in Arcade Projects that covered the topic. He also linked the STL on Thingiverse.

Since I am using the cab for a SEGA NAOMI board with Wipi and wanted optimal transfer speeds, I decided to hardwire the cab with ethernet. Just running a cable through the open hole was pissing me off, so I made some mods to the design by @RandomRetro.

I downloaded the STL from Thingiverse and wiped out all the extraneous lines that STLs create. Dropped the depth to 3mm from the original 4mm and added the hole for ethernet and a hole surround at 2mm depth that allowed the ethernet jack to snap in.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6283979

The first design at 3mm was too thick for the ethernet jack. The second at 2mm felt a little flimsy and I skipped the raft to print it fast and had a bulge on the bottom layer so I had to cut it. In the final design, I opted for 3mm depth and made the jack surround 2mm so it would be solid and still work as intended.

For ethernet, I used Cat6 Keystone Jacks from Verbex. Pretty sure I got those from Amazon ages ago. They aren't the most elegant solution, but they work.

1698376575781.png

1698363306775.png
HOT-1303 Communi Port.jpg
1698376672757.png

Back