What's new

VictimOfINK

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Bit of a newbie here - I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction in terms of what wiring I require for my new Sega Blast City Control Panel.
My old CP was for 2 Players - 4 buttons per player only.
The new updated CP I have purchased now has 6 buttons per player.

My question is what wiring would I need to purchase additionally?
I already have the Ground Wire, P1 & P2 wiring for 4 buttons. What do I need for the extra 2 buttons on each players side?
Would I just need something like this: https://www.arcaniac.com/products/s...on-loom-2-players?_pos=7&_sid=c9268df0b&_ss=r

I'm also looking at setting up either a modded xbox 360 or pandora box & modded dreamcast - would I also need a particular kick harness?

I can assist with wiring. I've made 6 button harnesses for blasts plenty of times.

What I believe you need is the 10 way kick harness (button 4, 5, 6) on the CP and then you'll need the JST NH 8 way from the blast io to a cps2/cps1/cps3 etc

blast-cables.jpg

edit: the dreamcast and 360 is doable, but it's A LOT of time and work. I've done mine for a DC and 360 and it's quite time consuming.

Last edited:
I can assist with wiring. I've made 6 button harnesses for blasts plenty of times.

What I believe you need is the 10 way kick harness (button 4, 5, 6) on the CP and then you'll need the JST NH 8 way from the blast io to a cps2/cps1/cps3 etc

blast-cables.jpg

edit: the dreamcast and 360 is doable, but it's A LOT of time and work. I've done mine for a DC and 360 and it's quite time consuming.
Thanks mate, would I still need the above if I go the 360/DC route?
I'm fairly adamant on attempting to go down this avenue

You should get the connectors and pins directly and learn how to make them instead of paying for already made connectors.
Everything you need is here: https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Blast_City_Wiring_Guide

The 360 is the easiest one to make for the blast:
- make a controller hack of cheap 360 controllers going to a female 10 pin AMP connector
- pass it from inside the cab to the inside of the control panel
- unplug the 10 pin male AMP connectors from the joysticks from the ones already inside the control panel and plug them to the one coming from the controller hack.
- get the VGA out + audio RCA cable for the X360
- connect the VGA to your blast screen directly
- connect the sound to the RCA on the blast loom
you're done.

For my 360 and DC pcbs, what I did was made fingerboard that had the same TE AMP 12 way for P1 and P2 as per the wiring guide including the kick harness 10 way

I then put two PS360's inside a project box and had it connected to a male TE AMP connector to plug into the 12 way and 10 way. Having the fingerboard meant for every console I do, it simply do some sort of pad hack and output it to a 12 way (hope that makes sense)

I ended up with something like this (i wired up home/guide select/back to monetary switches)

1682510399828.png

1682510463666.png

For your purpose, the UVC for downscaling wouldn't be required if you're going to go native 31khz on the blast city. This setup is purely for controls.

As MrHide said, for audio, you would just use RCA to connect directly to your sega 001 loom

Back