What's new

crashman

Student
Reaction score
Hi,

In case anybody need one, I've tried to replicate the Dimm battery cover so it can be 3D printed.
I'm still waiting for my printer so I can't assure it's 100% accurate. I've tried the best I could.

Sega Dimm Battery Cover.png

Attachments

• Sega Dimm Battery Cover.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 63
Thanks, I needed this. I printed one today and the side locking tab and the last retaining “wing” alignment was off a bit. After some sanding it broke off when I forced it. But it suits my purpose so I just kept it as is and it’s definitely better than anything I can make.

Attachments

• 1F759430-C5E6-4C2B-A896-E10B3D43459F.jpeg
    1F759430-C5E6-4C2B-A896-E10B3D43459F.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 8B562BAD-660D-4BD9-ABEF-3F2446170870.jpeg
    8B562BAD-660D-4BD9-ABEF-3F2446170870.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 82
Thanks, I needed this. I printed one today and the side locking tab and the last retaining “wing” alignment was off a bit. After some sanding it broke off when I forced it. But it suits my purpose so I just kept it as is and it’s definitely better than anything I can make.
Thanks to you for using it!
I'm still without the printer, so I can say only thanks to print it.
I'll try to adjust it a little bit.
For the wing, on your photo, it's the one on the left?
And I'm curious... What about the hole for the screw?
It's alingned?

Thanks again!

The wing on the photo is the one on the far right. You can see it is off a bit if you look closely. The hole was off a bit too but I can still access the screw.

How do you wire one of those things to replace the DIMM battery?

Get a dc adapter (you probably have one already at home! at least 7.2 and up to 24 DC input)
Set output to 7.2 ( I see mine below is down a little at 7.1v), and
THEN you wire it to the battery connector as such:

IMG_6252.jpg

same thing on chihiro:
IMG_6251.jpg

small detail, but I would probably flip it 90 degrees so that the small edge is flat on the bed. This will make it so that you need minimal supports, only that one small latch piece needs overhang support. The small gaps in the main body will be fine without supports.

Back