What's new
For Sale
I'll add my comments. Picked one up thinking if the controls worked, I'd just plug the VGA to my MS2930 and call it good.

I'm on the rev b board that has the CPS1 kick on it.

However, my P1 at first wouldn't even work but eventually got it working. Tried swapping cables and checking connections on the cables and traces, nothing. Might be an issue with the Pi microcontroller chip. But I found if I reset the console it works on second boot? So who knows, but works and won't drop once it's working.

For controls, only got the stick and 1,2,3,4 and 5 to work initially. But I did noticed on the board there's a pad marked for a diode to the CPS kick that is unpopulated. If you bridge those with some wire, it connects the b6 to the CHAMMA edge and it works with a JAMMA to CHAMMA adapter that has a CPS2 kick connector on it. I included a pic and circled them in green. With that, all 6 buttons, directions and start were working for both players with the adapter. If you have a CPS1 connector you wouldn't need to bridge those, but would need to be done for anyone using the CHAMMA edge.

As others stated, the RGB is super dim, even with the pots all the way up. No way to fix that unless they put an RGB amp in the board. Would have been nice if there was a switch to toggle between 0.7V and 3.2V video levels with an amp.

Sound was distorted and seemed to cut some channels but saw that's from plugging L and R together. Make sure you have games set to mono and only plug in one channel.

I just wish my P1 would work 100%, but seems turn it off and on again is a fix. It's unfortunate that the RGB is just too dim as it's consumer levels vs arcade monitor levels. But in my case I've got a tri-sync so I'll just run the game through VGA at 31kHz as the brightness was good as that looks for the lower voltage.

Attachments

• PXL_20230226_045713855~2.jpg
    PXL_20230226_045713855~2.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 90
I'll add my comments. Picked one up thinking if the controls worked, I'd just plug the VGA to my MS2930 and call it good.

I'm on the rev b board that has the CPS1 kick on it.

However, my P1 at first wouldn't even work but eventually got it working. Tried swapping cables and checking connections on the cables and traces, nothing. Might be an issue with the Pi microcontroller chip. But I found if I reset the console it works on second boot? So who knows, but works and won't drop once it's working.

For controls, only got the stick and 1,2,3,4 and 5 to work initially. But I did noticed on the board there's a pad marked for a diode to the CPS kick that is unpopulated. If you bridge those with some wire, it connects the b6 to the CHAMMA edge and it works with a JAMMA to CHAMMA adapter that has a CPS2 kick connector on it. I included a pic and circled them in green. With that, all 6 buttons, directions and start were working for both players with the adapter. If you have a CPS1 connector you wouldn't need to bridge those, but would need to be done for anyone using the CHAMMA edge.

As others stated, the RGB is super dim, even with the pots all the way up. No way to fix that unless they put an RGB amp in the board. Would have been nice if there was a switch to toggle between 0.7V and 3.2V video levels with an amp.

Sound was distorted and seemed to cut some channels but saw that's from plugging L and R together. Make sure you have games set to mono and only plug in one channel.

I just wish my P1 would work 100%, but seems turn it off and on again is a fix. It's unfortunate that the RGB is just too dim as it's consumer levels vs arcade monitor levels. But in my case I've got a tri-sync so I'll just run the game through VGA at 31kHz as the brightness was good as that looks for the lower voltage.
Thank you for posting this. I had recently purchased this and same issues, controls just don't work. I gave up and just threw it with the other piles of crap I bought that doesn't work like the mgcd. Money, time wasted on all these gadgets for nothing to ever work.

Just save your money guys. Not worth it.
Nice and all on paper but they suck.

My apologies, rant over.

Thank you for posting this. I had recently purchased this and same issues, controls just don't work. I gave up and just threw it with the other piles of crap I bought that doesn't work like the mgcd. Money, time wasted on all these gadgets for nothing to ever work.

My apologies, rant over.

Get JAMMAizer; works with just about all consoles.

I have sworn off Chinese good. They don't document shit. Once they have your money, they are no where to be found.

Get JAMMAizer; works with just about all consoles.

I have sworn off Chinese good. They don't document shit. Once they have your money, they are no where to be found.
I would love to. But that thing is never in stock. The reason I went this route and got this crappy adapter and the mgcd because the jammaizer wasn't in stock.

But thank you anyways.

I would love to. But that thing is never in stock. The reason I went this route and got this crappy adapter and the mgcd because the jammaizer wasn't in stock.

But thank you anyways.
I think I have one more I can whip up and part with. DM me.

My apologies, rant over.
Yeah it's one of those things that had really good potential and just fell short on a few areas. Maybe for a v3. The v2 that had the B6 bypass the 27 and e ground pins and added a CPS1 harness.

I'll keep messing with it and it's nice I have 31kHz monitor to bypass the RGB hookup.

Have/did any of you having problems with the board open disputes with Aliexpress? Should be a cut-and-dry process to get a refund on this if it's defective.

Sucks to hear the QA is inconsistent.

Add me to the list with issues.
Picked up last week to go into a NAC through a jamma => chamma adapter.
P1 side does not work at all, P2 side does sans 6th button.
Seller was not terribly helpful essentially saying "it worked before we shipped it"... opening a refund request on Ali.

A shame really, video, sound, and P2 controls (bar button 6) work well.

Back