What's new

TheBortot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, does naomy MUST have an i/o board to properly function?
Does someone have the pinout of all the conectors? Cant find it. I know how to take the kick barness from the i/o board, but dont know about how to take it from naomi itself.

Photo illustrating conectors:
https://ibb.co/PmRTJDg

Generally yes you need an IO. Some games will boot without one, but there's not much point.

There's no hooking any controls to the naomi without an IO. (Not counting DC controllers on the maple bus). JVS systems require some IO board, though usually you have a choice of many kinds of IO.

Besides capcom and sega rev 1 and rev 2 board, theres another ones?

If you don't have a I/O board, the system won't boot the game, only a warning. There's a open source I/O here on A-P, don't?

Last edited:
Besides capcom and sega rev 1 and rev 2 board, theres another ones?
there are the capcom IO, the sega JAMMA edge JVS IOs, type 1, 2, and 3 sega JVS IO boards (no jamma edges on those). Likely other brands JVS boards work fine too, but these are the ones most commonly used with the NAOMI.

There is a JVS IO on this board, yes. It looks pretty awesome ;)

This was pretty much answered by others but I went ahead and kinda pointed out whats on the Naomi since you had mentioned that.
Also for those curious at home.

Maple Bus can do controls and memory card functions but is only used in specific setups. Usually you will not be using this.

Find a good JVS I/O as mentioned above and run a USB cable between the two. All of your cabinets controls will run to the I/O.
The JVS standard carries all the control inputs and outputs for the system so if a JVS I/O is not present the Naomi will complain.

If you are just getting something setup that wont have special things like Memory card readers and such. All you need is Power, JVS I/O and the cable, VGA, and Audio.
Generally speaking if your cabinet has JAMMA you will need a JAMMA to JVS I/O. If it is a newer JVS cabinet you wont need the Jamma to JVS adapter style I/O.

Hope this is more than enough to help guide you through the amazing world of Naomi and other JVS style system boards :)

Attachments

• Naomi Pin Out.png
    Naomi Pin Out.png
    681.2 KB · Views: 94
Yeah if you look the JVS I/O USB cable is wrapped around to the underside.
He must have just bolted the I/O board and some kind of Super-gun board solution under the entire case. Gets the job done I suppose :)

Back