What's new

skate323k137

Enlightened
Reaction score
I recently got a couple of Tucson logic JVS IO boards. I wanted to see if I could fit two Undamned decoders and a Tucson logic into a JVS system. It turns out the 20 pin headers on both devices have the same pinout, so you can use a 20 pin ribbon cable, or 20 pin jumper cables if you want to hard rewire button mappings for some reason (The UD supports mapping while plugging in the controller if you trigger it). Conveniently the UD decoders already also have 5 pin USB headers, and 3 pin output for the bicolor LED.

The RE2 and X3 it looked like I might run into a heat issue if I installed the USB PCI slot/extensions and took up too much space, so I settled on a RE as it's graphics card takes the least space. To make this happen I needed the IO/UD PCBs, some jumper wires, some ribbon cable, a PCI slot USB port w/cable extensions, and a couple of common cathode red/green LEDs.

A44Ne60.jpg

Laying stuff out

HuOJy4q.jpg

Decided on ribbon cables, and it looks like lots of nice room along the right and back corner

jfYtsXj.jpg

A little messy but all removable/reversible

UtcvttW.jpg

I left the keychip slot open, just in case, as I have a couple games I use it for sometimes. I don't really use the DC out for stuff that I'm playing on a TV, so I slipped that back inside and used its opening for the JVS cable.

8AbHKYH.jpg

zEiG0Ps.jpg

Players 1 and 2 indicated (thanks to jumpers on the UD PCBs, it's just a nice feature).

Last edited:
Back