What's new
Mark your items as sold

devil138

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Sell or Trade my SEGA Triforce complete kit consisting of:
Triforce motherboard + Dimm board with FW4.02 + GD Rom Drive and Virtua Striker 2002 GD Rom with Security Key.
All mounted on a MDF board that fits into a purely Naomi.
The condition is good and everything works properly.
Pictures will follow.

Price I thought of € 249 incl. Delivery or exchange for another Arcade Stuff.
26289836ai.jpg

26289837hi.jpg

26289838ic.jpg

26289839ms.jpg

Thx
devil138

Last edited:
Only games designed to run on a Type 1 Triforce. No Naomi.

Only games designed to run on a Type 1 Triforce. No Naomi.

Is there not the possibility to Play the Games with a CF Boot Method at Dimm Board ?
The Dimm Board is ready for it and have the firmware 4.02.
In case there is i have also a CF Reader and CF Writer and 10 CF Cards.
For 40 Bugs more i will sale it too.

You can't use a CF kit with Type 1 Triforce or Chihiro. The firmware for the main pcb never supported it. If someone wanted to add CF support it would take pretty significant rewrite of the pcb firmware for it to work from what I understand. The Type 3s supported the Sega CF kit so Darksoft just needed to hack them a bit for his new firmware. Type 1 is not possible even though it uses the same DIMM as Naomi.

You can't use a CF kit with Type 1 Triforce or Chihiro. The firmware for the main pcb never supported it.
That's interesting. I always assumed that it was handled entirely by the DIMM board and the main pcb was completely ignorant of where the game data was actually coming from.

My googling is failing me - what type of IO and such would I need if I wanted to do Mario Kart GP? If I can re-use stuff I already have then I may pick this up and convert one of my spare driving cabs into a Mario Kart.

My googling is failing me - what type of IO and such would I need if I wanted to do Mario Kart GP
I believe that Mario Kart GP uses the Namco FCA I/O board in the original cabinets. though it probably works with the Sega I/O boards (you'll probably want to confirm this with someone who has a TriForce)

Sorry i dont know i played only Virtua Striker 2002 with it.

virtual Striker 2002 works on Type 1, Neither Mario Kart does. Sorry.

it's not entirely accurate as FZERO AX will work on a Type 3. In fact you can download a version with the media board check hacked by Darksoft here.

Back