What's new

BladeZX

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi
Has anyone created STV game bitmaps for an OLED screen like the ones for the Sega16B multi OLED images I have seen
I an making a STV multi selector similar to the RPi one I will be releasing soon for the Sega16 multi and would love to have oled bitmaps like I do for the sega16 OLED on my selector

If anyone knows of any for the STV please point me in the right direction

Thank you

Multi Boyz Pixeler summoned!

@BladeZX The Sega16B images were made specifically for the dimensions of the OLED screen resolution in black & white. They were hand-drawn by myself and @nem. If you wanna chat about building the pixel art for your STV selector, we can do that through PM if you're more comfortable with that. I don't know what screen you're using for the STV selector, or the dimension requirements, but those are details we can flesh out. Let me know :thumbup:

They were hand-drawn by myself and @nem.
Hey I did the first two ever (and pressured @Frank_fjs to include pixel art)...
They just didn't get picked/used because you guys were too damn good. ;)

MSCgVKU.png

k4B2Ov7.png

I don't believe anyone has shown interest in the fonts I ported to TrueType.
They could be useful to an OLED/EINK project in much the same way (aka 8 colors of the Capcom SF2 font turned into just black & white).
LqhYuY7.png

zTAWAd0.png

I've got a Ghouls and Ghosts WIP someday I'll get around to finishing.
Udph7Wi.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Multi Boyz Pixeler summoned!

@BladeZX The Sega16B images were made specifically for the dimensions of the OLED screen resolution in black & white. They were hand-drawn by myself and @nem. If you wanna chat about building the pixel art for your STV selector, we can do that through PM if you're more comfortable with that. I don't know what screen you're using for the STV selector, or the dimension requirements, but those are details we can flesh out. Let me know :thumbup:

@opt2not yes I saw u quite a bit in that thread and those ones u did look awesome on the 128x32 OLED I am using for my Sega16 selector
I thought if the STV ones existed I would use those for the same 128x32 OLED for my STV selector
U guys certainly are awesome at creating those images and I think it adds a nice touch to see the logos instead of the just the name of the game.

These are the OLEDs I have been using and they look good
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08LQM9PQQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

looking into the OLEDs available it seems 95% of them are either 128x32 or 128x64.

I recommend getting the largest size you can. as cool as the pixel graphics look on my S16 selector it's hard to see due to the tiny size of the display.

it's hard to see due to the tiny size of the display.
It's also rather hard to design nice looking logos when you only have 32pxl height to work with.
Thats why we needed artists to interrupt these logos, scaling them to that size results in an indecipherable blocky mess.

If u want to design them for 128x64 that would be fine
I can change the design of the pcb since I have not had them printed yet
128x64 would look better

I have modified the pcb design to include a 128x64 OLED

Ok so 128x64 OLED screens, what is the max size of image you need? Are you planning on just displaying the logos? Or is there going to be text on-screen as well?

Haha J/K, here is the real one (so no one should doubt I've got some skill at least).
HgNBwaU.png

and yea... if you look at the difference in time between my two posts (27min) thats how long it took me to make.

@opt2not I won't be offended if you rework/clean this up a little, you are the REAL/OG-PXL Gangster IMO. :thumbup:
@nem sorry I didn't mean to exclude you, ya both got some real skillz in this area no denying.

Even tho I sold my STV multi long ago, I can't wait to see the contributions... This kinda thing is my bag baby.
austin_real_grande.png

If you need inversed images let us know... Sometimes depending on the amount of color white on black looks better than black on white.
I'll prob take a stab at another one or two logos, but I'll wait for @opt2not to call dibs on a few first so I'll just pickup the slack in-between.

Back