What's new

kingpin

Student
Reaction score
So I have a New Versus City Sega control panel made by Seimitsu, and it fits a Seimitsu LS-33 stick which has a VF mounting plate. I'd like to put an LS-32 in it instead but the 32s are a bit larger and the screw holes to mount the stick don't line up. The VF mounting plate is a much smaller square than the SS and Flat Plate the LS-32 usually comes with, as I've tried both and neither line up correctly. I was looking to see if, and how, a larger squared stick could mount to the smallermounting post that resides under my panel.

I came across a post from the SRK forums which suggested this universal adapter plate along with a shaft extender, as the mounting posts under the panel come down a little bit (by 2cm I believe).

Anyone have any experience with this universal adapter plate? This seems as though it would be the ideal solution. I'd appreciate any feedback, help/suggestions, confirmation, whatever.

Thanks.

Reactions: XeD
I have one of these universal adapters on my NAC as my panel is made for jlfs. I put an LS32 in there and it fits perfectly.
I have an extender but haven't felt the need for it as the stick seems just fine as it is.

These plates are really well made and the holes are inlaid slightly to help the screws sit snugly. Highly recommended.

The problem with the 32 is that the body of the stick is almost as wide as the the mounting holes on the panel. It's going to be a tight fit.

You don't need an extender though. In an original Astro panel, the stick sits a good 5mm below the panel. It's supposed to be like that.

Sweet. Thanks for the info guys. Nice to know I probably don't need the extender. Any more input will be appreciated but I think I'll pick up a coupe of these adapters just in case. I have a buddy who is letting me borrow two panels if they turn out to fit but if they don't work out, I'll be definitely getting the adapter.

What about putting one in a Vewlix panel?

I actually tried on a Vewlix panel and encountered the same problem. I ended up using the universal plate I mentioned before and it worked, however the shaft extender appears to be necessary. I'm happy with the length now, although it is shorter than usual, but I may consider getting the longer shaft in the future.

Back