What's new

LevelOneBar

Beginner
Reaction score
Just picked up these two cabinets and the seller told us that they had they ability to set up Head to Head though he never attempted it himself. Made an attempt ourselves but unsuccessful. Looking for any guidance over what we may have over looked. Also, the end goal is to attempt to use this head to head set up to run a signal to our capture card for streaming capabilities instead of actually running a head to head set up. Our thought process was these are equipped with signal splitters, so instead of running the video/audio to another cabinet, we'd connect it to a (VGA to HDMI converter) and then to a capture card. Is this even possible?
One cabinet is equipped with an Taito x2 and the other a Naomi/netboot. Seems all the proper cords etc are present, just need to know how to properly get them talking to each other. Photos attached are how they came delivered. (not connected to each other). Any help or advice would be appreciated. Google has not been fruitful

If thread is posted to the wrong group, please advise where i should direct these questions.

Attachments

• 20210729_135020.jpg
    20210729_135020.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 20210729_135125.jpg
    20210729_135125.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 20210729_135157.jpg
    20210729_135157.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 20210729_135207.jpg
    20210729_135207.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 20210729_135227.jpg
    20210729_135227.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 20210729_135235.jpg
    20210729_135235.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 20210729_135252.jpg
    20210729_135252.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 20210729_135309.jpg
    20210729_135309.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 20210729_135553.jpg
    20210729_135553.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 155
Yeah its a bit confusing as you have a TTX2 in one cab and a Naomi in another so these were operated as independent cabinets when in a reality a VS setup would have the game board in the master/primary cabinet only. Essentially one of the cabinets is the 'master' and the other is the 'slave'.
In the master cab audio/video from game board is the (Audio/video) input into the VS board. Then of the two audio/video outputs, one pair goes to the master crt/amplifier and the other pair feeds back to the slave cab.
Now taking a punt here (and someone please correct me if i'm wrong) but the audio/video going back to the slave cab then becomes the 'audio/video in' for that VS board and the output video/audio goes to that cabs CRT/amplifier.
The bunch of black cables in the top left connects both VS boards looks like power possibly? and there is a USB cable between the two for JVS? yeah not sure, just trying to find documentation on that board now but someone who knows for sure will jump in no doubt.

Naomi/TTX2 >>> Video In >>> Video out to master cab CRT
______________>>> Audio In >>> Audio out to master cab amp
_____________________________>>> Video out to slave VS board (video in) >>> Video out to slave cab CRT
_____________________________>>> Audio out to slave VS board (audio in) >>> Audio out to slave cab amp

If you don't care about a VS setup then as per above rather than feed audio/video to the slave cab VS board just use that for your capture and also forget about the black cables for the controls.

Also, the end goal is to attempt to use this head to head set up to run a signal to our capture card for streaming capabilities instead of actually running a head to head set up.
So you're not actually asking for what you want? I can't honestly follow if you're trying to link the two cabs or just trying to confuse people with a side issue.

Linking cabs and capturing gameplay are not the same thing. Yes, they're related, but capturing doesn't require sending over controls, or worrying about master/slave cabs. Let alone making two cabs with different systems "talk to each other".

So you're not actually asking for what you want? I can't honestly follow if you're trying to link the two cabs or just trying to confuse people with a side issue.

Linking cabs and capturing gameplay are not the same thing. Yes, they're related, but capturing doesn't require sending over controls, or worrying about master/slave cabs. Let alone making two cabs with different systems "talk to each other".

apologies if im being confusing. Yes, we'd like to have the ability to set up a head to head... but more often than not, we would just like to stream one cabinet. My thought process was we could use these head to head connections to capture the video and audio instead of running it to the second/slave cabinet, with a VGA to HDMI converter to a capture card.
or is this way not possible or over complicating things?

apologies if im being confusing. Yes, we'd like to have the ability to set up a head to head... but more often than not, we would just like to stream one cabinet. My thought process was we could use these head to head connections to capture the video and audio instead of running it to the second/slave cabinet, with a VGA to HDMI converter to a capture card.
or is this way not possible or over complicating things?
I literally posted the solution above

Linking cabs and capturing gameplay are not the same thing.

Except they both involve the same hardware. You split the audio / video to the 2nd cab or you split them to a capture card. You can use the link board in the Net City for both. That's what I do.

Technically, you could even do both, link cabs and capture gameplay. Just use the 2nd outputs on the 2nd cab.

It's a nice feature in these cabs.

finally had a chance to get behind the games today. Attempted to do the above from Tiff Lee, with no luck on the first cabinet. (thinking i either have a bad VS board or VGA cable).
Tried the same thing on the other cabinet and was able to get a signal to the cabinet through the VS board but not able to capture it to the pc (thinking i need a better capture card or my HDMI cable is too long- 25ft)?

Thank you for the input and documents guys. Will keep you posted if i make any more progress.

Bumping this as I am curious what the small pcb is for as well. Looks like it takes those two cps1 style connectors, but no idea on function.

curious as well as I think my blast came with one of these but I never figured it out

I found some more pics on google image search for 839-1146.
i-img1200x900-1662226145b0lzml224643.jpg 20100805_pcb_11.jpg

Based on the cables connected to it it's almost definitely maple bus related.

Here’s what i have ... pretty simple indeed and looks like we now know what the hell this thing is!
IMG_8013.jpeg

IMG_8014.jpeg

Back