What's new

will8080

Student
Reaction score
Hi all, I have two PCs set up with the Artax 4.1 Multi - one is a Dell SFF with an Nvidia GT1030 and the other is a Dell Mini Tower with an Nvidia GTX1650. Both are 10th Gen i5, 16GB RAM, with the multi on brand new Crucial 1TB SSD drives.

Everything working beautifully, but the SFV Benchmark is stuck at 30fps on both builds. I feel like this is something I'm missing, a graphics card setting, performance setting or similar. The GTX 1650 in particular should be able to run at 60fps as it's a more capable card than the original GTX660 in my actual Taito TTX3 unit.

Any suggestions?

Have you went into the Nvidia control panel to change the refresh rate to 60hz? If it’s still stuck at 30hz, you may need to do a custom resolution.

Thanks for the suggestion, it was already at 60hz but I found the problem - it was this setting:

7287EB30-2FB2-4A55-9654-F2B96B973E2E.jpeg

Moved the slider across to the left, to "Performance" (it is was defaulting to "Quality") and has been a massive improvement. SFV Benchmark now running at a steady 57-60 fps. Fan noise from the card is a little more noticeable but still not bad.

Thanks for the suggestion, it was already at 60hz but I found the problem - it was this setting:

7287EB30-2FB2-4A55-9654-F2B96B973E2E.jpeg

Moved the slider across to the left, to "Performance" (it is was defaulting to "Quality") and has been a massive improvement. SFV Benchmark now running at a steady 57-60 fps. Fan noise from the card is a little more noticeable but still not bad.
I would normally leave it at “Let the 3D application decide”. Weird issue you’re having though. are you using a 4K display by any chance? If yes, yeah, most of them always default to 30hz instead of 60hz. I mostly downscale the image to 1080p 60hz to get around the issue. That’s how most PC arcade systems do it. They downscale the image to scale properly to the monitor.

Just an update, I replaced the Nvidia low profile GT1030 2GB card with an Nvidia Quadro T600 4GB DDR6 card, which is also a low profile PCI-e card that needs no additional power connections and the performance is superb, rock solid 60fps and the fans barely spin up at all.

The Quadro T600 has totally suprised me, incredible performance for the size, ideal for a SFF PC build. Not cheap, but superb, it's like a stealth GPU that people don't really consider because it's marketed as a workstation card rather than a gaming card.

More info on it here:

View: https://youtu.be/zmTd1wlcpj8

Back