What's new
There is not? I am not sure.
They always had hidden characters so i figured they might putted it this time also.

By the way, thank you for the patch!!!

Could CVsSNK be hacked to work with a Konami JVS I/O? Currently it fails to boot because the Konami I/O does not support analogue inputs. :(

Currently it fails to boot because the Konami I/O does not support analogue inputs.
both CvSNK and CvSNK2 doesn't care if I/O have no analogue inputs.
When booting CVsSNK with a Konami I/O it gives the following error. Most, if not all Capcom Naomi games are like this.

ERROR. JAMMA I/O BOARD(S) DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SWITCHES OR FUNCTIONS.

This thread suggests that some Naomi games check for Analogue functionality on the I/O (which the Konami doesn't have) even if the game doesn't use/require it

http://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25211

Regardless of the cause, is it patchable so that it will run on a Konami I/O?

This is the best I've got.

IMG-20190413-WA0004.jpg

Nice one. :thumbsup:

Couple of questions.

Would this be a matter of reprogramming the EPROM present in the cart?
If so, Is this something you could/would be interested in doing?

If you're up for it I'll send some monies your way, I'm sure others may be interested too.

ok, CvSNK require JVS I/O with at least 2 coin counters, while Konami IO have only 1.
this can be patched, in theory.
Nice one. :thumbsup:

Couple of questions.

Would this be a matter of reprogramming the EPROM present in the cart?
If so, Is this something you could/would be interested in doing?

If you're up for it I'll send some monies your way, I'm sure others may be interested too.
+1 for this. I'd be willing to contribute if it's possible. Any other new Windy 2 owners out there who'd like to play some Naomi games? ;)

yes, I meant software emulator / debugger (I have no any arcade hardware around). MAME's is pretty fine one.
but in my case its usually Demul (sorry, it's build with debugger enabled is not available to public)
I meant to ask a while ago... this seems pretty harmless, is there any reason the Demul build with the debugger is private? Other than *because it is your work and you can do what you want with it*?

Nice one :thumbsup:

I've been making do with a Naomi --> Capcom I/O --> Konami JAMMA adaptor --> Konami I/O for the controls, which was less than ideal and a lot of a mess!
IMG_3286.JPG
I look forward to giving some other games a go this evening

Worked like a charm, although for some reason, it was Dip Switch 4 on my I/O that needed to be set. The important thing is that whatever dip switch it is, the menu shows COIN as being 2 SLOT:
W2_coin.png

Back