What's new
I'm curious how they're setup, it doesn't look like there is much room for electronics anywhere. I've been tempted to buy one just to crack it open and see whats inside.

If you're interested in playing GC games, a GC has better video output quality over component than the Wii does anyway.
The only thing I'm interested in playing on Gamecube is Gameboy Advanced in 240p via the Gameboy Player attachment.
I don't actually give a single fuck about any GC games. :whistling:

in that case there's nothing holding you back from replacing the Wii with a WiiU for HDMI/DVI output :P

I would rather just mod my Wii for HDMI output (once the digital out mod is completed).
They say it will also fix the differences in video quality between various Wii revisions (the Wii with GC backwards compat. removed outputs better color levels for example).

As for any future ownership of the Wii-U...
That gamepad was/is a mistake, and I don't support mistakes (aka will never own a Wii-U).

I said the same thing about N64's choice to support carts, it was a mistake... So say I, now and forever (so I never got one and I never will)!

If you're interested in playing GC games, a GC has better video output quality over component than the Wii does anyway.
The only thing I'm interested in playing on Gamecube is Gameboy Advanced in 240p via the Gameboy Player attachment.I don't actually give a single fuck about any GC games. :whistling:
F-Zero GX is amazing, it's the only GC game I had any interest in and I do own it along with a GC controller I used on a Wii :) if you haven't played it, would recommend

With the MVS almost available (and the F3 already shipped to buyers) i wonder what is the next Darksoft's project.

Is this a multi from the list? (i would be happy with CPS1 or "CAVE") or is it something unexpected?

I would venture to say Deco...

And then after that, the Neo Geo second run, then the Neo Geo third run, and then the Neo Geo fourth run...

:D

Last edited:
I forgot about the Deco, not a system i know that much.

But i am pretty sure DS is working on something else. Something new.

I can't believe makeing new batches of the Neo Multi is satisfying enought for his will to inovate. He's not telling us (me) but he has something new (in mind?).

more projets!

More ARCDADE PROJECTS!

now that the F3 is here, the only one that excites me enough is the CPS1...

NeoGeo ist interesting but feels like "meh" in comparion with CPS1 :P

Some time ago DS was looking for some CV1000B hardware ... So I hope that he is studying a possibility of a Cave Multi :D
At least an IGS PGM Multi :whistling:

Yeah, I hope PGM is next. Hardware is not very expensive. The cave shmups make it very worth it and the rest of the library is decent.

CPS1 is the most popular platform still missing a multi!

Sorry, but for most people PGM, Cave, hell even one from my personal wishlist Naomi...
While amazing, just don't have the sheer number of quality games or such a dire need for a multi.

What do I mean "dire need for a multi" well CPS1 conversions have existed for sometime now (I personally own 3 in addition to legit CPS1 games).
As discussed in the Konami conversion thread, this has created a situation where SF2:CE is rising considerably in price.
You also don't see it offered for sale as much these days, again likely because a huge pile of them are sitting on someone's shelf as conversions. ;)

For CPS1 I wonder if you'd need two base boards, one with a 10mhz CPU and one with a 12mhz CPU, to play all the games right. I don't know how aje's works but I see games from both.

Q sound stuff / cps1.5 would need a conversion of some sort I imagine but would be really cool to have. No idea how that could work.

For CPS1 I wonder if you'd need two base boards, one with a 10mhz CPU and one with a 12mhz CPU
No you only need one 12mhz Dash A-board.
The conversions are based on the SF2:CE B21 C-board, designed to work with the dash A-board.

The B-boards required for some of these conversion ROMs however ranges.
I believe due to memory addressing??? I'm no expert in this area.

The two things you need beyond a shadow of a doubt are a 12mhz Dash A-board and a SF2:CE C-board.

For CPS1 I wonder if you'd need two base boards, one with a 10mhz CPU and one with a 12mhz CPU
No you only need one 12mhz Dash A-board.The conversions are based on the SF2:CE B21 C-board, designed to work with the dash A-board.

The B-boards required for some of these conversion ROMs however ranges.
I believe due to memory addressing??? I'm no expert in this area.
so someone would convert SF2WW to play on a 12mhz board? I wouldn't have thought you could do that

Back