What's new

sk8er000

Professional
Reaction score
hello,
I've just received my 3rd netdimm (the first one was broke and the second brokes after a while)..
After configuring everything I try to boot a game from my raspberry and I got error 33 but I'm using the same PIC that was working on the second one..it can be only from.the pic the problem?

This netdimm has the 3.17fw I was thinking to try the update at 4.02 but is a Ethernet only model, can I update anyway or I risk a brick?

Edit:
I saw on the web a similar problem but I've read that the game crashes after a while, in my case the game does not boot at all. (Every game was working with previous setup)
This is my netdimm
http://i.imgur.com/ZI2GAvl.jpg"
Thank you in advance for any help

Last edited:
Not that this helps your situation much but I have been netbooting exclusively from a laptop using the transfergame.exe in command prompt and an ethernet crossover cable. I think that I have the same firmware as yours.
I've had absolutely zero issues doing this.
It might not hurt to troubleshoot using this option to see if there is any changes to your situation.

I have the same problem with my set-up, sort of. I can netboot a few games with my Pi set-up, but the majority results in an error 33.

Yavuzg over at AO explained that this most likely comes from a broken trace on the dimmboard; http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=30938 I'm technically not on par to try this myself, thus my board is no at a friend who is more capable for this kind of thing.

I’ve read that thread and I've looked every trace but are all ok, I've also measured the battery and it's OK.

In the meanwhile I've also updated to 4.02 and reprogrammed the pic again but always same result.

To bypass the pic I've also tried the Python script but I get something like "list index out of range" (but the connection says OK and when I launch the script the Naomi reboots in the loading screen so the communication is OK)

I really don't know what should be...so sad

not yet, unfortunately I'm out till Wednesday, I'm gonna try as soon as I come back home

yes bit it was working flawlessy with my second netdimm (or at least utill that one worked)

found a solution!

The problem probably is the upper board with Ethernet only that is not compatible with Naomi, I've used the upper board from one of the broken netdimm I have and it works!!

sBcN2r3.jpg

Back