What's new

Mattroid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...KLOV, NG.com, or maybe a few other random places around these interwebs. As may be obvious, my name is Matt and my username is clearly a play on "Metroid" :P

I probably don't bring much to the table as I've somewhat fell out of the hobby a bit the last several years due to stupid life crap. BUT, I do run an arcade gallery/image hosting site that you may have heard of: ArcadeCrusade.com. Most people are likely familiar with the MVS Mini Marquee galleries there, but you are also welcome to sign up and share pictures of your game room, for sale items, etc. I have a couple more ideas for arcade sites I want to start working on in the future, but I'll evaluate if I think they'll really be used much later on and make announcements as/if they come up.

I've been playing arcades since...as long as I can remember, and while I did enjoy many of the games of the 80s as a kid, it wasn't until I played games like SFII, X-Men, TMNT, T-Mek, and countless Neo-Geo titles that I really started to sink money into those big beautiful cabinets. I bought my first arcade PCB back in 2003, which was a Super SFII Turbo A + B board set. I didn't have a cabinet to play it in until the following year when I picked up a SFII World Warrior conversion which has pretty much remained my generic JAMMA cab since then.

In addition to that and numerous JAMMA boards/systems to go with it, I now have a rather small collection, but one I really enjoy: Mario Bros (conversion), Cruis'n USA, Neo-Geo 4 slot, Gyruss, ArcadeSD cocktail, and a Skill Crane. T-Mek is my "grail" but who knows if or when I'll actually have the room for such a monstrosity!

I've been trying to grab as many arcade multi projects and conversion projects as I can as I think they'll really help this hobby and the community live on longer than the original hardware might, so it's a pleasure to be here and I hope I can help out somewhat or at least share some ideas for projects that might be useful to those working on them.

Back