What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
I know these are poor monitors for actual use due to the latency, but I like the idea of having a small RGB screen for diagnostics. The issue I'm having is that while composite on inputs A and B work fine, S-Video on input A and RGBS on input C just give a "no sync" message. Not sure where to start looking at possible points of failure here. Also a fair chance I'm just missing something with the configuration (changing input A to be S-Video rather than composite and changing input B to be RGBS rather than component for example).

Component seems to work, but was a bit corrupt and I did manage to get RGB to flash on screen for a second. So possibly some fault in the unit...

What are you using to test, and at what resolution?

What are you using to test, and at what resolution?

Using a JAMMA test board from Riddle TV generating 15KHz CGA output. I've hit everything with contact cleaner, going to try the most basic of potential solutions and assume that the connections are dirty. Will try firing it up again after work.

Using a JAMMA test board from Riddle TV generating 15KHz CGA output. I've hit everything with contact cleaner, going to try the most basic of potential solutions and assume that the connections are dirty. Will try firing it up again after work.
Ok. When I had the -1420 model, I know it had issues with anything higher than 480i and off spec sync signals like Seibu arcade boards. I’ll be thinking on this.

Ok. When I had the -1420 model, I know it had issues with anything higher than 480i and off spec sync signals like Seibu arcade boards. I’ll be thinking on this.

I'll dig out some other sources. I know it's supposed to work with Sony & Sega consoles via RGB. Will see if that's the case.

So tried an Atari XE system I recently modified with a S-Video connection and it works great. So the issue is clearly the source... will try to dig out some more RGB systems to test with.
1709064920607.jpeg

Edit: tried a few RGB consoles, and it will briefly sync (but with visible issues) before losing sync. So definitely seems to be an issue with the RGB. I get the same corruption when using component (YpBpR).

Attachments

• 1709065017895.jpeg
    1709065017895.jpeg
    311.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I'm stumped. Thinking it has to do with the sync signal, since that's what would autodetect RGBS vs Component. But after taking a look inside, I'm overwhelmed and thinking I have to just put this aside.

Back