What's new

Esom

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi folks, sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, but it seemed like the most likely place. Feel free to move it if need be.

I'm trying to purchase a Soul Calibur II kit and am not having any luck. My next step is to piecemeal it together with whatever I can find. I know SCII is really restrictive in that it needs a special security dongle, but how are the different versions effected by this?

If I find a ver.A disk and a ver.D dongle, will they be compatible? How do I know what version the disk or dongle are?

For instance: someone in my area is selling the disk, which reads "SC21 DVD0" but no version number, and a dongle which may or may not have come with the kit, that reads "SC22 Ver.C"

Thanks in advance!

Ah thank you, that's helpful! So, this "SC22 Ver.C" is not a security dongle, since it's not on that list? Would it just be a memory card?

u want ver. D and 2 dongles. 1 for security, and one for the conquest mode memory. if you are running on 256 hardware, u also want the 246+ mode enabled, otherwise u get soul calibur 2: Chipmunks edition

This is what I have
IMG_20240508_101827_276.jpg

u want ver. D and 2 dongles. 1 for security, and one for the conquest mode memory. if you are running on 256 hardware, u also want the 246+ mode enabled, otherwise u get soul calibur 2: Chipmunks edition
Oh that's why I was been testing it last time it becomes chipmunks sound

And I'm using a copy disc

This is what I have
IMG_20240508_101827_276.jpg

Oh that's why I was been testing it last time it becomes chipmunks sound

And I'm using a copy disc
Are they really just PS2 memory cards with?
I don't know anything about the System 256 hardware but I'd imagine if I was an arcade operator spending thousands then seeing PS2 memory cards I'd be scratching my head a bit lol

They are - but encrypted with special chips... so not *just* a PS2 memory card.

The Namco 246/256 *is* a souped up PS2 though - so not unexpected.

They are - but encrypted with special chips... so not *just* a PS2 memory card.

The Namco 246/256 *is* a souped up PS2 though - so not unexpected.
If that's the case then the PS2 port of Soul Calibur II would be most accurate then?
Even though the GC and the XBOX version seem to look and perform way better
I've never played Soul Calibur II in arcades
I did play the original Soul Calibur and the Dreamcast version
Home port of that was just way better

Soul Calibur II home port is most updated version but Soul Calibur III ARCADE EDITION is most recent because it came after home relase and fixed some bugs from it.

Back