What's new

Nimmers

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been trying to get this SSF2 going for a friend and I'm a bit stumped at the moment, anyone have any ideas or have seen this behavior before?

So far I have:
-Tried a known good A board - the problem is somewhere on the B board
-Checked voltages and bumped it up to 5.1V at the JAMMA edge
-Removed and verified all the program ROMs
-Game is still on its original battery, still reads 3.7V and does not appear to be suicided (unless someone tells me otherwise)

Here's a video of what it's doing (rebooting over and over after the regional disclaimer text):

View: https://youtu.be/8CcVA5a9F9s

Cheers!

Last edited:
Are you checking voltage under load?
I've found that with my CPS2 multi if the voltage is less than 4.9v it will reboot randomly like your video seems to show.

I keep my PSU dialed in to provide about 5.18v under load, which is more like 5.6v directly off the PSU with no PCB connected.

I've found that with my CPS2 multi if the voltage is less than 4.9v it will reboot randomly like your video seems to show.

I keep my PSU dialed in to provide about 5.18v under load, which is more like 5.6v directly off the PSU with no PCB connected.
Yeah this is voltage at the JAMMA edge with the board plugged in and running. I can try to nudge it a bit higher. I have a SFZero that has the fully populated rental ROM board on it and it runs fine on this power supply set the same.

Tried is as high as 5.2 - Running a Meanwell RT125 power supply and that's as high as it goes. Still the same :/ Tried on a different supergun with an RT85, same thing.

Back