What's new

stj

Grand Master
Reaction score
anybody wanna PM me on this?
i'd like to catch up on the dongle situation.

no keydumps then :(
exe hacks are all well & good, but keys contain region config aswell as security.

Keyless 2014 ion has be done for quite a while. If used on force hardware it unintentionally works as well but without audio, probably due to driver issues.

Can I bump this and ask where to get keyless Ion Eco from? I have an Ion Eco 2006 for a friend and I think his key just died. Trying to figure out how to fix it.

Can I bump this and ask where to get keyless Ion Eco from? I have an Ion Eco 2006 for a friend and I think his key just died. Trying to figure out how to fix it.
Can he still install 2014 on the thing and get a key error message as well?
I didn't bother with 2006, but 2014 well done.

Can he still install 2014 on the thing and get a key error message as well?
I didn't bother with 2006, but 2014 well done.
How or where do I get a keyless 2014? I'd be happy putting that on, but I think I need more RAM than he currently has.

EDIT: Also, how/what is going on with Smash TV and TC? Any progress hacking them?

How or where do I get a keyless 2014? I'd be happy putting that on, but I think I need more RAM than he currently has.
I didn't do any hacks on 2006, so get the 2014 install dvds using google and install that, once that complains about a key, i've got you sorted.

TC/TV i didn't do any hacks/improvements etc. so i suggest to ping @ mypinballs in the other topic :)

Does anyone have a service manual for the Merit Type 58 chassis?
Mine is from a PhotoPlay, but I believe it has been used in later Maxx units too...

Pic of the chassis? I think it could be Tatung or something if it's from a Photoplay, silver box with adjustments / no remote?

It’s a Tatung VSK-20475TD which should be the Type 58. It’s definitely not the Type 66 / VS-1440 or such…

IMG_3775.jpeg

Not my image, but same one.

I unfortunately don't have a service manual for that, but the main thing which breaks is the flyback, and those are readily availble as far as i know.

Back