What's new

ragefan

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi,
I got a cps1 board for repair and when powerered on, i have this kind of black screen with lines (turning from blue to yellow) which seems to indicate that the board is booting.
Sometimes, i ve got a sound that is played, sometimes music.
I checked all the roms and replaced the faulty ones.
To start, i suspect a faulty c board.
Does it ring a bell to any expert ?

Thx !

Attachments

• PXL_20230818_214150751.TS_exported_7802_1692733024352.jpg
    PXL_20230818_214150751.TS_exported_7802_1692733024352.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 68
Hi,
I got a cps1 board for repair and when powerered on, i have this kind of black screen with lines (turning from blue to yellow) which seems to indicate that the board is booting.
Sometimes, i ve got a sound that is played, sometimes music.
I checked all the roms and replaced the faulty ones.
To start, i suspect a faulty c board.
Does it ring a bell to any expert ?

Thx !
First thing I always check, if you have one available, is swapping out with a known good working "A" board. In my experience, this is most commonly the fault. If not, then the "C" board. rarely has it been the "B". If you don''t have any of these replacements available, someone can chime in on perhaps how to further investigate either of these boards. I have always had spare's to swap around to narrow the issue.

Thanks ! Indeed, i dont have any other board. I am trying to check for a C board as it sounds to be the cheapest from the set.

Thanks ! Indeed, i dont have any other board. I am trying to check for a C board as it sounds to be the cheapest from the set.
Sheep_nova on here has (or had) replacement c boards for sell. Not sure how his stock is, but I'd recommend him if he has the c board you are needing.

Back