What's new
Want To Buy

advans14

Professional
Reaction score
anyone have a spare to sell at a reasonable cost? ordered a blank rom and it failed :(. ended up returning the chip.

Yup it is masked rom version. I ordered a mx27c4100 for it and the top300 wont program it using either 27c400 nor mx27c4100. So sent it back as defective. Frustrating as i just did a buyicnow order.

Yup it is masked rom version. I ordered a mx27c4100 for it and the top300 wont program it using either 27c400 nor mx27c4100. So sent it back as defective. Frustrating as i just did a buyicnow order.
I'll get you a fresh tested one and send you a PM when I get up to my workstation. It's a frustrating chip to get right on a TOP, I've found Intel D27C400 was actually the most reliable to write.

The newer versions of the software for Top 3000 solved any issues burning 27C400. Just choose the “mx27c4100” profile.

Won’t help if the chips bung though.

Yeah got the firmware updated, no go. Chip was toast upon arrival unfortunately. Funny thing was it was from the US. Thought i could save time and spend more. Who would have thought.

What version software of Topall are you using?

good question. the top window says Topall ver 9.07, but the but bottom says top3000 ver6.23

I’m using Ver8.92 with no incident. Might be worth rolling back?

well everything else ive worked on works fine, so it will be ok i guess.

Back