What's new

jamesv833

Student
Reaction score
Hello I have a super neo 29, and a Sega aero city. I would like to know if you guys know of any suitable monitor replacements that are trisync and would be compatible with my cabs? I seem to remember reading about Japanese monitors are 2" smaller than us monitors so I guess they would be 27" and 25". Thank you

You have a source for (burn free) Tri-sync monitors?
Seems to me you are looking at this problem backwards... First try to find a tri-sync monitor, ANY tri-sync... Then worry about if it will fit.

The monitors are the same size in a JPN Aero and a USA Aero - its how they are measured either corner to corner or visible corner to corner.
The important item is the Tube reference number - its on a sticker on the back of the tube - that needs to match, from memory....

A73 = 29"
A68 = 27"
A66 = 26"
A63 = 25"

If you want to swap the chassis for a tri-sync one, then you need the pin configuration on the Tube and the impedance/inductance on the yoke and them all to match or it won't work.
If your planning of swapping the entire monitor then the screen curvature and depth need to be taken into account or the bezel won't fit or it'll stick out the back of the cab.

Personally if your current screens are working/fixable and are burn-in free I'd keep them as they are. The monitors fitted into the Aero is one of the best 15/24 monitors around.

Awesome thank you for your help, the reason I was going about it "backwards" is I tend to see them on offer up or craigslist once in a while,an wasn't sure what to look out for. I'll keep my eye out thank you.

My monitors do look really good aside from some slight graffiti scratched in one corner, the reasoning behind me getting a trisync is; I would like to play 31k games,my monitors are only standard and medium resolution. I have a Capcom I/o(convenient because my cabs are Jamma),but I cannot reliably use the analog outputs so I'm in the market for another I/o board the type 3 for sale on this forum looks tempting, but without knowing a cost effective way to use it on my Jamma cabs I don't want to purchase at the moment. I was thinking if I had a trisync I could use some sort of vga converter(vga to cga?) hooked to a trisync and be able to display 31k, now that still doesn't take care of my digital and analog controls,any way you guys can steer me in the right direction? Will any of these two new I/o boards being developed be able to help me out? I apologize if there's an obvious answer, I've tried to find a simple converter but can only find Jamma to jvs not jvs to Jamma.thank you all for your help. And I look forward to starting a collection of newer systems with 31k support only.

I would like to play 31k games
Oh that's easy... Buy a modern cab, all they support is 31k without some real hackz0ry anyway. :)

I happen to prefer Vewlix (the stock LCD's all support 31k aka 640x480).
If you can't work with the JVS, you can always direct wire a JAMMA harness inside and have the best of both worlds with a Capcom IO.

You will be devaluing your Aero and Super Neo swapping out to non-original monitors.

NAOMI and System 256 can both output in 15K mode for compatibility with older monitors

but if you want JVS and 31K resolutions: buy yourself a Net City.

It seems that you already have good cabs for 15/24khz stuff.. If you have the space, I second the opinion to buy a mother cab or two for vertical and Horizontal gaming.. I would not use Naomi/Astomishwave for 15khz because they do not look..

A new net city or blastcity with Toshiba tri sync is a better way to go rather than ruining a good 15/24khz cab.

Otherwise a vewlix dedicated for hi-res gaming only is another option. That's what I have - a pair of good Jamma cabs for 15khz and a Chinese vewlix for TTX,246,256,Naomi, Lindbergh & ringedge..

Thank you all for your help/advice while I'd love to get a vewlix its a little outta my price range at the moment, I will look into the other 31k cabs mentioned.

If you can't or don't want to go Vewlix I would highly recommend the New Net City as a 31khz substitute.

Back