What's new
Thanks @defor your information helps a lot. Still a mess for a rookie like me.
The card reader checks can be bypassed although I HAVE gotten lockups on game over/clear without it present, so YMMV.
Is this possible to play all chapters without connecting the cardreader? How? Can you explain the details please?
Cobra-Card-Reader.gif
And where I can find the whole pages of this Cobra The Arcade Service Manual? Can't do the other connection thing without pinmap.

Last edited:
Finally finished setup cobra the arcade. I use OpenJVS because irs and gun are expensive. This game is fun!

Attachments

• IMG_20221025_195055.jpg
    IMG_20221025_195055.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 70
so the wii bar is plugged to the stripped usb / rs485 ?

An idea to connect a The GunCon controller or GunCon 2 with MP07-IONA . :love:

I managed to connect the MP07-IONA with Cobra The Arcade, but with the Arcade stick it's death :thumbsup: LOL

With an Arduino and a DFRobot IR camera it is possible as in this link ?

Ultimate IR Lightguns with recoil

An idea to connect a The GunCon controller or GunCon 2 with MP07-IONA . :love:

I managed to connect the MP07-IONA with Cobra The Arcade, but with the Arcade stick it's death :thumbsup: LOL

With an Arduino and a DFRobot IR camera it is possible as in this link ?

Ultimate IR Lightguns with recoil
Have you tried using dualshock 2?

Attachments

• IMG_20221028_220105.jpg
    IMG_20221028_220105.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 82
Are you sure? On the dongle there is a "PADMAN" - dualshock 2 driver. So in theory it's supposed to work.🤔
It doesn’t actually seem to do much and that’s expected as these are arcade games not games for home use (design wise). On the 2X6 games, I have noticed that when you hook up a controller to the ps2 ports/ controller adapters for the 256, some of the buttons “work” but you can’t aim or use the controller to add coins and such. I’m sure with a bit of time and effort, someone can mod the PADMAN driver to fully add controller support to the games ;)

It doesn’t actually seem to do much and that’s expected as these are arcade games not games for home use (design wise). On the 2X6 games, I have noticed that when you hook up a controller to the ps2 ports/ controller adapters for the 256, some of the buttons “work” but you can’t aim or use the controller to add coins and such. I’m sure with a bit of time and effort, someone can mod the PADMAN driver to fully add controller support to the games ;)
What a disappointment😔

Back