What's new

Ruka

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new to arcade hardware and this is my first post here. I recently purchased a System 32 and Sonic (not in hand yet), I need to find an I/O panel so that I can connect a track ball. While searching around online I found a post on this forum from 2021 where someone said it was reverse engineered and Gerber files were available, but when I clicked the link in their post it takes me to an error page on this website.

Here is the post I'm referring to:
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/sega-system-16-trackball-i-o.12164/post-274961

I also found information that a guy called Guru reverse engineered it. When I went to his website, he mentions the Gerber files being available on his "Eagle page", so I navigated to that page and found the relevant file in the list, but when clicking the link to the Gerber files it takes me to a page that simply says that most files are available upon request. Unfortunately the homepage of his website doesn't work for some reason and the other webpages of his site lack a navigation bar, so I had to search rather hard to find his email address so that I may request the files and information needed in order to produce the trackball I/O board. But - unfortunately - I never received a reply from him.

I'm really hoping that someone here can help me out. I'm new to the whole arcade collecting thing in general but my initial impression is that I'm rather surprised that even when people make things available they aren't quite available 😅

Is there anyone who has the files to produce the board? And also, what are the specific chips that need to be attached to the board and what data needs to be written to those chips? I have a TL866ii programmer as well as a 42 pin adapter board, will that be enough?

Thanks in advance.

Back