What's new
@Mitsurugi-w sells them, nice quality cables, have them on my cps2 multis.
I don't actually sell the LCD cables but could maybe buy some ribbon cable and hand crimp some.
Oh man, I thought you were selling them :( . The CPS2 multi setup I bought from you had some really nice long cables. I was just gonna ask you to make me a cable like that.

When I bought my CPS2 multi from Saveyourgames.it, there was an option to include the long cable.
Don't know if he sells them separate?

Hello,

The ribbon cable, the 14/16pin female connector and the male pin connector(the one on the lcd board) can be purchased at every local electronic components, and can be DIY. Saves a lot of $ :thumbup:

Have a good day, Dragos

you will also need to buy the crimper... for just a pair of cables it might not be worth it.

you will also need to buy the crimper... for just a pair of cables it might not be worth it.
You can just use a pair of pliers for a connector this small. Just use a towel between the pliers and the connector so it doesn't get damaged.

You can just use a pair of pliers for a connector this small. Just use a towel between the pliers and the connector so it doesn't get damaged.
If you have one available, a bench vice with soft jaws works brilliantly as it clamps the whole connector evenly and it gives you really good control over the clamping depth/pressure.
em-thumbsup.png

If you have one available, a bench vice with soft jaws works brilliantly as it clamps the whole connector evenly and it gives you really good control over the clamping depth/pressure.
There's a pro tip for you!

Hello,

Heres some examples of this commector made by me (personal project):
IMG_20170706_200444_2.JPG
IMG_20170706_200607_2.JPG

....couldnt be more easy , no pliers, no bench vice required. :thumbsup:

Anyway, do we get some news regarding the release of the F3 multi ? i am itchy to receive some awesomeness ( read= darksot's f3 multi) and play on it. :D

Be smart, Dragos.

Last edited:
If you didn't use pliers etc, what did you use to fit the cables to the connectors out of interest?

I used the vice method for my Consoles>Cab project as it uses 40pin cables and it would have been tricky to clamp it parallel otherwise.

DSC_0156-XL.jpg

Hello,

I was reffering ONLY to 14/16 pin female connector, not to 40 pin connector, so your solution dont apply here (F3 multi - lcd cable). I did not use anything to fit the ribbon cable into the connector, except the plastic clamp that comes with the connector.Then i cut the ribbon cable with a scissors near the connector's lateral edge.

Have a good evening, Dragos

@Darksoft Where can we get the same extended LCD cable as with the CPS2 multi?

If it can be purchased somewhere it will make mounting the LCD in cab CPs easier.
Where you located? I can send you a cable for the cost of parts and shipping if you want.

Anyway, do we get some news regarding the release of the F3 multi ? i am itchy to receive some awesomeness ( read= darksot's f3 multi) and play on it. :D
I'm not affiliated with Darksoft, but kseigarniafont said it ships July 17, and DS said 4 weeks from the beginning of preorders which would be roughly the same time (maybe a touch earlier), so I'm thinking we have only a week or two left by my reckoning.

SmokeMonster said:
I am happy to set up a Roll-Up for the F3, but I need a little help. If someone can hook me up with a full working rom-set, I will lay those down as the base. I would probably need someone PMing me when new stuff comes out though in order to keep the pack updated.
This is not the best time for me since I'll be traveling internationally from the 14th until the 5th. So it might have to wait until I'm back.
SmokeMonster posted the above in the Main Taito F3 Multigame thread so hopefully he'll be happy to help out still.

Has anyone got a full working rom-set that they could send his way?

We are what? About a week away from shipment? Looks like I better work on making my mainboard region free.

Back