What's new
i guess it would be cheaper to get one of the cheap f3 games and decase it, than 3d printing the case.

So it looks like you could put the multi inside an existing Red game case. Is that what people are going to do? Similar to the CPS2? Are you guys just needing a sheet of acrylic for the bottom area to back mount the display and buttons?

Or are people wanting clear acrylic over the Multi pcb and also over the rest of the motherboard pcb?

How big is the game/Multi pcb? How big is the motherboard?

So it looks like you could put the multi inside an existing Red game case. Is that what people are going to do? Similar to the CPS2? Are you guys just needing a sheet of acrylic for the bottom area to back mount the display and buttons?

Or are people wanting clear acrylic over the Multi pcb and also over the rest of the motherboard pcb?

You can buy them at Ebay for little money.

i guess it would be cheaper to get one of the cheap f3 games and decase it, than 3d printing the case.
that's true of the ST-V also but I'd like to think people are buying my 3D printed cases because they'd rather not trash even cheap carts.
Well you dont trash the pcb by decasing it, its fully reversible :)

by the way, case is around 30cmx24cm (not exact, but just that you get an idea if it fits in your printer)

Most printers are around 20cm x 20cm unless you have an oversized bed. Plus then you run into other issues such as warping. Then there's the time to print. A big print like that could take a day or two. LOL

i think that the best combintion would an acrylic top and down cover (removing the stock plastic frame and the annoying fan) and a 3dprinted lcd case attached to the top.

WAAAAH! Amazing work, Darksoft! Nice job juggling both this and the NEO GEO project! Time to go through my stuff and see what I can sell to buy it :D

The Mobo + DS board are so low profile now, I'm tempted to find a nice box to put it in. I'll likely gut some old electronics (large routers, DVD players, etc) I can find at a thrift store for a couple $. Metal cases with pre-cut vent holes and easy internal mounting, on the cheap.
-ud

So for those of us that managed to get a Beta version of the F3 multi... What's changed in the final design?
Is it worth getting another final version, or are the features basically the same?

I do like the big red carts, but I'd also be perfectly happy with a nice acrylic bottom and top plate (similar to your Neo Geo acrylics), also with a acrylic mount for the LCD. I can provide main board measurements tonight if need be, but can't provide cart measurements.

I do like the big red carts, but I'd also be perfectly happy with a nice acrylic bottom and top plate
I was planning on using a red cart shell, but I'm very interested in what a total acrylic top and bottom would look like on a bare board.
I'm picturing laser etched "Darksoft F3" logos and a notched out LCD insert with buttons.

Also, for those not familiar with all the wonderful F3 titles, brace yourself for Land Maker and Puchi Carat! :D
-ud

Looks awesome! Is there an option to get the long LCD cable like with the CPS2 multi?

Also, for those not familiar with all the wonderful F3 titles, brace yourself for Land Maker and Puchi Carat! :D
-ud
Both excellent games. Carat plays surprisingly well with joysticks (unlike arkanoid), but of course arkanoid returns and puchi carat both play great with spinners. happ red board optics work great on F3.

And landmaker is nuts. you need 2 people for the most fun. It's a risk/reward puzzle game battle game at its finest.

Carat plays surprisingly well with joysticks (unlike arkanoid), but of course arkanoid returns and puchi carat both play great with spinners. happ red board optics work great on F3.
PS1 actually has (what I remember to be) a 1:1 port of Puchi Carat, which supports the PS1 spinner, aka "volume controller." It appears to be the same mold as the Namco one (I think for the Namco Classics collection) and possibly the one that came with Arkanoid II on the Famicom, but different colors. I don't think the spinners work on the PS2 Taito Legends series Puchi Carat. Maybe I should make myself some dedicated spinner controllers for my F3 flash cart :D
-ud

Back