What's new
I dont think it needs to be in a CHD sub folder. My sfiii with CHD's just sits in the rom folder unzipped.

I'll check when I get home.

Did you ever figure out the button issue?

Great! found an old keyboard. THX!

I ended up corrupting my graphics on third strike. I had to delete all the files it makes when its writing the CD to memory. then when it rewrote those files my graphic corruption disappeared.

I'll get back to you on the list of files i have for a working third strike rom.

The author who ported MAME likely suppressed the error msg, but yea that sounds like what's going on to me.An example of the parent set would be "sf2.zip" clocking in at 3,469KB... A child/split example would be "sf2bhh.zip" coming in at 339KB.How can a functional game only be 340K? It's loading files from both the parent and child sets together... You see the child only has the differences, it still depends on the parent for the commons.If Street Fighter 2 loads and plays, but a bootleg like Redwave does not... You're missing the child set.
that was very clear :)

ok, i've tried but it doesn't work.

For mame 158, i didn't find the asia no cd version of third strike, but only the japan version.

I've used this files:

sfiii3n.zip Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (Japan 990608, NO CD)
sfiii3nr1.zip Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (Japan 990512, NO CD)

putting cap-sf3-3.chd on roms\chd\sfiii

any ideas?

any ideas?
on roms\chd\sfiii ??? Why? CHD should go into the roms folder no inside a subfolder.
Notice that some romsets of MAME only contain a couple of files, those who are different from the main romset.

You should have at least a 3rdstrike romset file that has a size of 60+ MB.

Where do I get USB Mame for my X2?
You need to have the multigame kit for Taito X2. Contact the person that sold it to you. If you don't have the Multi contact mitsurugi-w.

any ideas?
on roms\chd\sfiii ??? Why? CHD should go into the roms folder no inside a subfolder.Notice that some romsets of MAME only contain a couple of files, those who are different from the main romset.

i've tried to put the chd on roms, and i had put all the romset of sfIII third strike (60+MB) on rom folder, but still not working. Some file return to roms menu and other give me a windows message error (in japanese). Any ideas?

any ideas?
on roms\chd\sfiii ??? Why? CHD should go into the roms folder no inside a subfolder.Notice that some romsets of MAME only contain a couple of files, those who are different from the main romset.
i've tried to put the chd on roms, and i had put all the romset of sfIII third strike (60+MB) on rom folder, but still not working. Some file return to roms menu and other give me a windows message error (in japanese). Any ideas?
post a picture. That would help.

Here we go! when i try to load any version of sf III with cap-sf3-3.chd on rom folder i receive the following message:

211nya0.jpg

eh mine too :)

it appear only with this game....

Any ideas?
I can't read Japanese either but this is just a guess...

chds do need to be in a sub folder inside the rom folder with the same name as the chd

so /roms/sfiii3n/sfiii3n.chd

all chds should be like this.

There should also be a sfiii3n.zip rom file in the roms folder

ALSO the no-cd version is a "clone" of the base version, this means that the base version needs to be present as it includes files that the "clones" games require to run (they do this to save space so there arent duplicate EPROM rips across multiple games)

this means that you'll also need the sfiii3.zip rom file in the roms folder.

I don't remember but often times there are bios files that are also required so for instance NAOMI games require a NAOMI bios rom to be present... There might be one for CPSIII, I don't remember.

eh mine too :)

it appear only with this game....

Any ideas?
I can't read Japanese either but this is just a guess...
chds do need to be in a sub folder inside the rom folder with the same name as the chd

so /roms/sfiii3n/sfiii3n.chd

all chds should be like this.

There should also be a sfiii3n.zip rom file in the roms folder

ALSO the no-cd version is a "clone" of the base version, this means that the base version needs to be present as it includes files that the "clones" games require to run (they do this to save space so there arent duplicate EPROM rips across multiple games)

this means that you'll also need the sfiii3.zip rom file in the roms folder.

I don't remember but often times there are bios files that are also required so for instance NAOMI games require a NAOMI bios rom to be present... There might be one for CPSIII, I don't remember.
I'd say take the files you want to test. Take them to a normal PC with the same version of MAME and see how it goes.

Back