What's new
I setup my ttx3 with joy2key to use brook fighting board. I noticed some lag and changed the setting in joy2key to max polling rate (make sure to do this). Once that was done I couldn't feel much difference between FastIO and brook fighting board.

Awesome feedback.
Yes.

There's a PCIe card in the TTX3 that the ttx3 multi is setup to utilise to interface with a JVS or a FASTIO IO board. If you don't have this card, then the multi won't work in a cab for you... you'll be limited to playing games with a keyboard only on it. You can effectively use the multi on any computer thats as powerful as or better specs than the TTX3, so long as it has NVIDIA GPU, BUT... without that IO card that comes in the TTX3, you will have no IO interface for your cab, unless you set something else up... but i'm not sure what.

You basically buy the TTX3 for 2 things... 1, because it has a cool etched logo on the cover... and 2... because of that IO card. Yes, you can take the IO card out of the TTX3 and put it in other systems, Someone mentioned last week there was some issues with doing that with JVS, but for FASTIO i can confirm it works well. I've removed it and stuck it in a TTX4, and other pc's and it works fine.

The TTX3 multi works on most computers, including TTX4. The bios password for the TTX4 is on the net, it's not hard to find. You just do the same as with TTX3, access the bios and unlock it and you can use the system, but without that IO card from the TTX3..... you're playing the games with a keyboard and gamepad fo the games that are setup that way. TTX3 is plug and play, just get your JVS or FASTIO board and shove it in your cab.

This highlights it perfectly, and thank you because i would've been upset with myself for not noticing that the X4 doesn't have the etched space invaders logo on the case until after delivery lol.

It really does sound like a mash-up build of a budget X3 build with functional IO card, and an X4 mobo is the best of both worlds.

Thank you for the help

Looking to buy one of these soon to play some Tetris and MAME it up.

It'll go in my NNC via the JVS plug in. Someday it'll go into a Vewlix.

I have a spare 1050ti, could I just swap that out with the 660?

these are Artrax images that have been manually modified game by game to make it compatible.

Made my purchase for a Type x3 402 UG. While I wait for shipment, I'll get things prepared. Was thinking of purchasing a 1tb SSD, so I'm guessing for hardware there will be no issues with compatibility as far as brands go. If you guys have suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

Also, I understand these things are fairly loud, so I'll order some new fans, as well. Anyone know the specs for these fans?

There are 2 images in 31K circulating on the French forums.
I'll start searching for those.

My x3 loaded windows and booted into the stock game it came with as it should. I went into the bios and disabled the security. Now when I reboot I get this msg:

Attachments

• 7D6D4A4A-5641-43D2-80A5-7370A41171A7.jpeg
    7D6D4A4A-5641-43D2-80A5-7370A41171A7.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 194
A stock game drive won’t boot with the security disabled. You should be all set to install a new drive with a Multi image applied to it though.

Ok tks for the clarification. I am trying to get this running in my nnc. I have the 31k image from one of the French forums. I have the jvs plugged into the jvs x3 port and the vga plugged into the dvi port, but no signal on the display. Messed with the dip switches which did not seem to do anything for me. Get the taito splash screed into the no boot msg when the hdmi is plugged in. Do I need to have the fast i/o port connected somewhere?

I have the ttx3 31k image fom neo arcadia. I am having trouble getting it to boot. With the security enabled the stock ssd boots up as it should. When I disable the security and install the 31k ssd I get a boot screen error msg. I have toggled between both ahci and ide modes in the bios with the same result. Any suggestions? I would post in the neo-arcadia forum but I cant seem to get past their registration security msg (what is equipped with a screen, joystick, and buttons). I tried all your normal answers (cab, cabinet, arcade, enclosure ect..) with no luck. I sent them an email a few days ago that has not elicited a response.

I haven't tried that image (I'm using the Artax 1080p image) but since you're just booting Windows then the usual "Windows won't boot" troubleshooting steps should apply.

- What's the specific error message you're getting?
- What program are you using to write the image to the hard drive? I suggest using Belana Etcher.

So I used win 32 for the 31k image. Boot msg i was getting attached. I am currently trying to burn the attax 1080 img onto the same ssd with Belana Etcher to test. The first go around I got a write failed in Etcher. Maybe there is an issue with the ssd? It is brand new so I am giving it another go.

Attachments

• 27B62557-1130-4C9E-B0B6-214FDC26DA62.jpeg
    27B62557-1130-4C9E-B0B6-214FDC26DA62.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 103
Yeah, if you’re getting Write Failed messages then I’d suspect something is up with either your SSD or it’s connections to the computer you’re using to write the image.

So I got the atrax image to work as it should. I will give the 31k image another go using hd raw as that is what is recommended. If I want to run the attrax image using a fight stick with a brook ufb how do I use joy2key? Install it on another cpu to map the controls or do I have to somehow install it on the ttx3?

Yep, I think installing and mapping joy2key is the way to go. You can just copy it onto a flash drive, plug a mouse and the flash drive into your TTX3, and then open up Windows Explorer from the Utilities page of the launcher.

joy2key working as it should on the ttx3. How do adjust the polling rate in joy2key?

Still can’t get the 31k image to work. @JunitoNo1 got it working in his nnc. He did say he had to get a powered hdmi to vga adapter to get a picture.

joy2key working as it should on the ttx3. How do adjust the polling rate in joy2key?

Still can’t get the 31k image to work. @JunitoNo1 got it working in his nnc. He did say he had to get a powered hdmi to vga adapter to get a picture.
It could just be the quality of the hdmi-vga adapter. I lose image with the lightest tap on the hdmi plug. My issue may originally be with the GPU.

I'm also getting what looks like horizontal line artifacting across specific points of the monitor. Possibly an issue with the syncing. But, none of this impairs play.

So I got the atrax image to work as it should. I will give the 31k image another go using hd raw as that is what is recommended. If I want to run the attrax image using a fight stick with a brook ufb how do I use joy2key? Install it on another cpu to map the controls or do I have to somehow install it on the ttx3?
Do you have a link for this 31k image? I tried googling and going on neo-arcadia but couldn't find it

Just wanna see how different it is compared to the multi ttx3 image

Do you have a link for this 31k image? I tried googling and going on neo-arcadia but couldn't find it

Just wanna see how different it is compared to the multi ttx3 image
It’s the same multi, but people are going through it game by game and adjusting the resolution to 480p when possible. It’s not complete, but a WIP.

Back