What's new

WickedShibari

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently got a Taito Type X2 and have the newer Niko front end setup. I have a lot of games working, including the NESiCAxLive games, but I cannot get DeathSmiles II to work. At first it wouldn't even load, it would just go back to the frontend. I found a different copy and got it to load but couldn't get any buttons to register. I messed around with it, and now it won't load again. I deleted everything and now either I can't get it to load, or in the front end it just goes to the folder directory without trying to load. It kind of hops back and forth.

Does anyone know how to get the game fully working by chance? It's such a fun game and would really like to get it up and running. If it helps, I am using a Namco IO Board pulled from a Naomi system I believe. I also do have 1GB of RAM if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I just remembered I couldn't get the game Yatagarasu to play either. It loads but hangs up on not being able to find a network.

Had this exact same issue. Was using a Fast IO at the time.

Deathsmiles 2 only works with the SEGA IO on the X2 Multi. Confirmed and tested this with 2 sepearte X2 units too.

Assuming the issue you're having boils down to the IO board, Namco in your instance.
Hmm, interesting. Would the wrong IO prevent it from loading as well?

Back