What's new
Nice one! For me, after Strider, Splatterhouse was the most nostalgic game from hanging at the arcade.

A local spot here in Brisbane called “Las Vegas” had it back in the day and all the metal heads were playing it. It kicked my ass, and I’m proud to own the PCB, it’s frustrating as hell, but worth the pain.

Nice one! For me, after Strider, Splatterhouse was the most nostalgic game from hanging at the arcade.

A local spot here in Brisbane called “Las Vegas” had it back in the day and all the metal heads were playing it. It kicked my ass, and I’m proud to own the PCB, it’s frustrating as hell, but worth the pain.
Thanks, strider is another excellent game and is on my list for a future video.

Cool, will watch when I get a chance! I surprisingly have NEVER seen an arcade splatterhouse. I always knew it existed and have played the rom. But in my arcade rat days of the 80s and 90s, never saw it!

great video! :thumbup:
Thank you so much.
Queued and liked.
Thanks glad you enjoyed it
Cool, will watch when I get a chance! I surprisingly have NEVER seen an arcade splatterhouse. I always knew it existed and have played the rom. But in my arcade rat days of the 80s and 90s, never saw it!
That's one of the reasons I did the video is because the arcade game was so scarce. I had never seen one before either and couldn't believe how much more violent and gory this was as opposed to TurboGrafx version. Hope you enjoy it

You guys should pick up Splatterhouse for the xbox 360/PS 3..it has the unlockable version based on the original arcade release.

great game and scary as hell when I was a kid playing this.

Great video!

Splatterhouse always eluded and mystified me.
I remember I must have been 12 when I first saw and played it.
We went to Hades' Haunted House in Villa Park, IL one October. (SW burb of Chicagoland)
They had a NEC TurboGrafix truck, and tent with all sorts of upcoming test games.
I particularly remember Splatterhouse drawing a huge crowd.
The demo was strangely the last boss battle, and the bag/chainsaw dude.
Since that point, we had it at home on the TG16. It was a good game. End of it.

During my Jr year in highschool, we had a lock-in overnight thing.
Little did I know, that's when my intrigue for Splatterhouse would pique again.
The party organizers rented a line of arcade cabinets.
One of those cabinets was an orginal US Splatterhouse.
I couldn't believe it was there.
I never knew it was ever released in arcades as I've never seen ANY around Chicagoland.

Ever since that day in 94, I never saw another Splatterhouse Arcade cab for 23 years until recently at Galloping Ghost.
Now with the help of this place, I own a System-1 PCB.
Always a special game to me, and I have no goddamn clue why.

I love game series/hardware history videos, I think that's a popular topic in classic gaming right now too (what you are already doing).
I'd say just make more of these, stuff no one has covered yet, or covered but not completely/missing information (Splatterhouse was a deeper cut, but already covered very well was my point).

The subscribers will initially spread via word of mouth, places like here, Reddit, etc (how you are already generating interest).
that guys voice and sarcastic pommie tone is cringeworthy
You know I find his voice annoying too!
But I always thought that was because of his crazy accident.
Aussie guys don't sound too dissimilar IMO... Just say'n. ;)

I love game series/hardware history videos, I think that's a popular topic in classic gaming right now too (what you are already doing).
I'd say just make more of these, stuff no one has covered yet, or covered but not completely/missing information (Splatterhouse was a deeper cut, but already covered very well was my point).

The subscribers will initially spread via word of mouth, places like here, Reddit, etc (how you are already generating interest).
that guys voice and sarcastic pommie tone is cringeworthy
You know I find his voice annoying too!But I always thought that was because of his crazy accident.
Aussie guys don't sound too dissimilar IMO... Just say'n. ;)
So what you're telling me is, if the game is already been covered I'm not allowed to cover it? Splatterhouse the arcade game was rare over here in America. It was also requested by one of my patreon supporters which is why I did the Video in thefirst place..

And I have made more of these, I have 22 of these history of documentaries on my channel. A lot of times you'll find rare information in my videos that you won't find any place else because I've had direct contact with the directors and programmers

So what you're telling me is, if the game is already been covered I'm not allowed to cover it?
Nope, you are "allowed" to cover whatever you want...
What you said was you wanted subscribers, well I believe providing unique content you simply can't find anywhere else is a key success factor.
(notice how I used the word "believe" as I don't currently operate a successful Youtube channel, keep this in mind)

Annoying voice or not, if you can look at the video you posted objectively (not as your own) for a moment...
What information did it bring to the table that wasn't already covered by the (two going on three year old now) video from Slopes?

So what you're telling me is, if the game is already been covered I'm not allowed to cover it?
Nope, you are "allowed" to cover whatever you want...What you said was you wanted subscribers, well I believe providing unique content you simply can't find anywhere else is a key success factor.
(notice how I used the word "believe" as I don't currently operate a successful Youtube channel, keep this in mind)

Annoying voice or not, if you can look at the video you posted objectively (not as your own) for a moment...
What information did it bring to the table that wasn't already covered by the (two going on three year old now) video from Slopes?
Like I said, the only reason I did that video is because it was requested by one of my patreon supporters. 21 out of 22 videos I've done all have unique information that hasn't been covered anywhere else. Hell, some of the games I covered have never been covered anywhere else in documentary form such as wrestlefest or jungle hunt.

I never said slopes wasn't bad, he's one of the best out there in my opinion.

I never said slopes wasn't bad, he's one of the best out there in my opinion.
I just think his voice is annoying haha. ;)
Oh and he spends to much time with record unboxing videos.

Wrestlefest is interesting to me, I'll go check that one out now.

Back